The Student Room Group

Guys if a girl slept with you on the first date would you make her your girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

I think that depends on how much previous experience you have.

The first time you are with someone, you often tend to be apprehensive, afraid of sex, more conservative, and make the person wait more.

If you then break up with that person and meet other people and become more sexually experienced, you don't get as hung up about 'waiting' for the first time, because you already know more or less what to expect, all you have to choose is if you want to do it with the person you are with or not. Therefore, the more experience you have, I expect you would probably have sex earlier in the relationship.

With the guy I lost my virginity too, I made him wait a year (though we did do many other sexual things very, very early on, several days-2 weeks in - so neither of us were unsatisfied!! :tongue:)
The next guy, we waited a month for actual sex; and the last person I was with I think it was literally the 2nd 'date' (after we had got together officially), so less than a week after being "together".

In all three instances, it felt like the right time, and I don't think it put the other person off me (even though I am no longer with any of these guys, but not because on how fast we decided to engage in intercourse).
Original post by Anonymous
Guys if a girl slept with you on the first date would you make her your girlfriend?

Nope, I wouldn't date someone that sleeps with me on the first date, dating for me is a vastly different experience to ONS, dating should be done right and those that wait tend to have a better relationship than those that hop in the sack after the first date.
I'm cool with ****ing before the first date.

It should mean nothing more than the two (or more) people decided they wanted to have sex.

People over think this **** and come up with all kinds of ridiculous nonsense.

I've had serious relationships that started with very casual sex. It's idiotic of people to assert that this kind of thing can't/doesn't happen. Prejudiced retards.
Reply 23
I'd rather be with someone who had sex with earlier than say 5 months down the line. I'd actually argue that most people are like this in a way.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Personally I would only want to make her my gf even more (as I'd assume that for her to sleep with me straight away we'd get on very well and be sexually compatible), but would probably deep down assume that it would most likely be a casual relationship that might not last.
Depends on how good she ****s.

Also liking her helps to.
I wouldn't immediately rule out a relationship because of it, but it would make me think twice, mainly because it'd always be in the back of my mind that if she was willing to sleep with me that early on, she'd likely be quicker to sleep with someone else if we hit a rough patch. I know that's not an entirely fair conclusion to draw, but it'd still nag at me.
Reply 27
Original post by Michaelj
I'd rather be with someone who had sex with earlier than say 5 months down the line. I'd actually argue that most people are like this in a way.

I made him wait 5 months for a number of reasons it was my first time, id just come out of a relationship where my ex had tried to force himself upon me and id been very ill and in hospital and hated my body so maybe thats why but I still wouldnt have done it straight away personally.
I'm obviously not a guy but if you want someone to be your girlfriend you must like them a lot, why does having sex ruin that?

I think what happens more often is that guys have sex with girls they don't really like, just to have sex. This causes the girl to think that he doesn't like her because she had sex with him, when he probably didn't really like her that much in the first place.

I waited for about 4 months after we started going out properly but I had only just turned 16 and it was my first time. I wouldn't wait that long if I have another relationship.

It takes two to tango!

Also, your boyfriend calls your frigid then says he wouldn't have gone out with you if you were being easy? He has completely contradicted himself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Darkphilosopher
If anything, a "sexually open" girl is a bit of a turn off to me. Maybe I'm a bit too conservative. :s-smilie:

+1
wouldnt bother me at all
Reply 31
I don't think I would have sex with a girl I don't see myself with in the future. Soo I'd definately get a few more dates in and see what her priorities are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending