The Student Room Group

Confirmation letter/Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

Hi
I have accepted my offer from Bournemouth university and have received my AS12 Confirmation letter from UCAS. I'm an EU student, so I have to apply for a student visa (work permit). To do this I need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the university. I also need to open a bank account, for which I need a confirmation letter from the uni too, which I haven't received yet.

When are the confirmation letters sent? From what I gather, the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies has nothing to do with the confirmation letter and I have to ask the university to send it me. How do I do this and when? Would it be too early to do it now?

Thanks!

At least to my knowing, EU students do not need a student visa in the UK, so I think you are settled without it?

I'm applying for Edinburgh myself, and this is what I found on their website:

"Advice for EU/EEA/Swiss Nationals

If your passport is issued by a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you can enter the UK freely - you do not need a visa. This includes dual nationals (people with two or more nationalities) who use their EEA/Swiss passport to enter the UK."

source: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/international-office/immigration/new-students/visa-requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by nuclearkittens
At least to my knowing, EU students do not need a student visa in the UK, so I think you are settled without it?

I'm applying for Edinburgh myself, and this is what I found on their website:

"Advice for EU/EEA/Swiss Nationals

If your passport is issued by a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you can enter the UK freely - you do not need a visa. This includes dual nationals (people with two or more nationalities) who use their EEA/Swiss passport to enter the UK."

source: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/international-office/immigration/new-students/visa-requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply, but I do need a student visa to be able to work in the UK, because I'm from Bulgaria.
Oh, didn't know where you are from. Althou, isn't Bulgaria listed as an EEA country in the UK CISA website (haven't checked recently so I don't know)? So if it is, there's no need for a student visa anyway, as I understand. Of course, you could email the university you applied to and ask straight from them - that's what I'd do if I were in your position ((---:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by nuclearkittens
Oh, didn't know where you are from. Althou, isn't Bulgaria listed as an EEA country in the UK CISA website (haven't checked recently so I don't know)? So if it is, there's no need for a student visa anyway, as I understand. Of course, you could email the university you applied to and ask straight from them - that's what I'd do if I were in your position ((---:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, it is an EEA country, but there is an exception for Bulgarian and Romanian nationals. We can enter the UK freely, but we need work permits.

I just emailed them. I was confused, I didn't want to sound silly in the email.
Ah, okay then. Sorry I couldn't help you more. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on, and ofc congrats for the offer ((---:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks! Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending