The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Step-father

My mum and step-dad are seperating. This year I included both of their incomes on my application but I'm not sure about next year. He's still living with us but they are no longer together. Since he is still partially contributing to bills, would he still be included in the overall household income?
Original post by oliwiapng
My mum and step-dad are seperating. This year I included both of their incomes on my application but I'm not sure about next year. He's still living with us but they are no longer together. Since he is still partially contributing to bills, would he still be included in the overall household income?

Hi oliwiapng,

If you are advising that he is still contributing to the household income, we would need both income details. If one of the sponsors is not contributing to the household income, then evidence of the separation would be required. If they would be unable to provide a decree nisi or any official documents, we can accept non standard evidence with a cover letter that confirms the situation.

The covering letter should include the following;

Why are they unable to provide the requested evidence?
What is their current living arrangement? Do they pay or contribute towards any household bills?
Have they applied for a single person occupancy discount on their Council Tax?
Have they changed or applied to change any of the household bills/rent/mortgage into their sole name?

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending