The Student Room Group

Am I too clingy? Internet Crush.

I'm so confused right now. I met this guy online (we've skyped and seen each other, and everything) and I've developed this huge crush on him. He teases me, he's asked me more than once if I have a boyfriend, and he talks about how he's glad he met me before.

We clicked straight away. He spends time finding music by bands we both love, so he can recommend stuff. He links me to videos, and we talk about almost everything. We're both 16, and, we have exams at school every now and again.

Everything is perfect...apart from the fact that he never texts/calls me first. We'll go on for more than a week without talking. I'm always initiating everything, and at first, I didn't mind, but people keep saying that he'll make the first move if he's interested.

Sometimes I text him, and he doesn't reply, leaving me feeling clingy and annoying, but when we speak, we talk for hours and hours, and he's always showing no sign that I've ever irritated him. Last night, he lay in bed talking to me, for 3hours straight, and he sent me a picture of himself, and we both just fell asleep gradually, while talking about randomness. *Awesome slumber party*

He's always making me laugh and I just can't stop smiling when I hear his voice. He's showed me photos of his new haircut, cute baby photos, random stuff that we're both interested in...and I literally have an iTunes library full of music that he's recommended me.

It's quite obvious that he likes spending time with me, but I just texted him a couple of hours ago, and he still hasn't replied. I know for sure that he's not a player/douche/shy at all, he's a genuinely amazing person.

He's unlike any other guy I've met, and I can't get him off my mind. It's long distance too, (but the same timezone which just makes everything more complicated), I can't even see him face to face.

My mind's all over the place, because he's shown signs of liking me, but I'm scared that I care about him WAY more than he cares about me (yet he will spend hours talking to me). I don't get it. At all. I think he's one of those people that don't text/call that often, and its not just me, but I'm not sure.

Please help...I'm left feeling rejected and unwanted after getting my hopes up that this relationship could be so much more than what it is at the moment.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so confused right now. I met this guy online (we've skyped and seen each other, and everything) and I've developed this huge crush on him. He teases me, he's asked me more than once if I have a boyfriend, and he talks about how he's glad he met me before.

We clicked straight away. He spends time finding music by bands we both love, so he can recommend stuff. He links me to videos, and we talk about almost everything. We're both 16, and, we have exams at school every now and again.

Everything is perfect...apart from the fact that he never texts/calls me first. We'll go on for more than a week without talking. I'm always initiating everything, and at first, I didn't mind, but people keep saying that he'll make the first move if he's interested.

Sometimes I text him, and he doesn't reply, leaving me feeling clingy and annoying, but when we speak, we talk for hours and hours, and he's always showing no sign that I've ever irritated him. Last night, he lay in bed talking to me, for 3hours straight, and he sent me a picture of himself, and we both just fell asleep gradually, while talking about randomness. *Awesome slumber party*

He's always making me laugh and I just can't stop smiling when I hear his voice. He's showed me photos of his new haircut, cute baby photos, random stuff that we're both interested in...and I literally have an iTunes library full of music that he's recommended me.

It's quite obvious that he likes spending time with me, but I just texted him a couple of hours ago, and he still hasn't replied. I know for sure that he's not a player/douche/shy at all, he's a genuinely amazing person.

He's unlike any other guy I've met, and I can't get him off my mind. It's long distance too, (but the same timezone which just makes everything more complicated), I can't even see him face to face.

My mind's all over the place, because he's shown signs of liking me, but I'm scared that I care about him WAY more than he cares about me (yet he will spend hours talking to me). I don't get it. At all. I think he's one of those people that don't text/call that often, and its not just me, but I'm not sure.

Please help...I'm left feeling rejected and unwanted after getting my hopes up that this relationship could be so much more than what it is at the moment.

He sounds interested... Some people just aren't initiators.

You can always ask HIM to be sure...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending