The Student Room Group

Cheated on boyfriend

I kissed a boy last night in a terrible moment of weakness and now I feel sick. I've cheated on my boyfriend of 9 months. My kind, lovely, sweet boyfriend whom I love very much.

I can't justify it, but I do think a part of me wanted to see what it'd be like to kiss someone else - to see if I truly wanted to be with my boyfriend. And all the while, I hated it - I think this silly 'test' proved I want to be with just him.

Still, I am wracked with guilt. I know this would break his heart to ever hear. Certainly, if he were to kiss someone else, I don't know what I'd do.

Should I tell him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what kindof kiss?
Reply 2
"test" what a idiot
Yes of course you should tell him FFS :facepalm2:

People make mistakes; maybe he will forgive you and maybe he won't - perhaps things will never be the same - but irrespective of the consequences he deserves to know.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I kissed a boy last night in a terrible moment of weakness and now I feel sick. I've cheated on my boyfriend of 9 months. My kind, lovely, sweet boyfriend whom I love very much.

I can't justify it, but I do think a part of me wanted to see what it'd be like to kiss someone else - to see if I truly wanted to be with my boyfriend. And all the while, I hated it - I think this silly 'test' proved I want to be with just him.

Still, I am wracked with guilt. I know this would break his heart to ever hear. Certainly, if he were to kiss someone else, I don't know what I'd do.

Should I tell him?

I wouldn't bother telling him. He has probably done the same himself.
Reply 5
> Kisses another guy
> Claims it's a test for her BF

The hamster is strong in this one.
Reply 6

Should I tell him?

I would just try and learn from your mistake.

you won't do any good by telling him and, if it didn't mean anything to you, there is no reason why he should know.
I think you should tell him before someone else does. You can't risk it - if someone else tells him and you haven't told him first he will almost definitely jump to the assumption that it meant more than it did, because you are hiding it from him.
Reply 8

Should I tell him?
Jesus, hes not an experiment you can't 'test yourself' by snogging another guy, tell him asap and try not to do one of your tests again
Reply 9
Best to tell him, best coming from you than somebody else
You must tell him. You can't have a relationship based on guilt and deceit.
Reply 11
Unfortunately, you just have to man up and tell him. If you can live with yourself knowing that you wouldn't be together if he actually knew what type of person you are, then he should want nothing to do with you. If you tell him, he shouldn't forgive you but he might anyway
Reply 12
Tell him

Hopefully He'll break up with you. He deserves better, you know, someone that's not a slag
Reply 13
Also - how do you even get yourself in that situation without wanting to be in that situation?
Reply 14
Tell him!! If not the guilt will eat you up and if he ever says anything nice to you, you will just feel horrible! A relationship with lies and cheating is not good, not good at all
You shouldn't have done it, although we don't need to tell you that, I assume your guilt is enough. Tell him and hopefully you will both get over it, we all make mistakes, take this one and learn from it.
Reply 16
Yes tell him. And whether or not he breaks up with you, don't do it again.
Reply 17
Original post by Beth_L_G
Tell him

Hopefully He'll break up with you. He deserves better, you know, someone that's not a slag

Evidently she isn't a 'slag' as she feels guilty enough to face judgement on TSR. She didnt sleep with anyone. Why use such a derogative term anyway? It's horrible.
If you cant bare to be around him when you next see him then it means you should tell him. If it means anything you'd probably end up blurting it out anyway tbh.
He might forgive you :smile: it might make you stronger.. it might make him overprotective. All depends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Beth_L_G
Tell him

This. I hope he dumps you.
Reply 19
Original post by al-pal
Evidently she isn't a 'slag' as she feels guilty enough to face judgement on TSR. She didnt sleep with anyone. Why use such a derogative term anyway? It's horrible.
If you cant bare to be around him when you next see him then it means you should tell him. If it means anything you'd probably end up blurting it out anyway tbh.
He might forgive you :smile: it might make you stronger.. it might make him overprotective. All depends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calling her a slag isn't horrible, cheating on your boyfriend is. Like you said, if she didnt want to hear it she shouldn't of posted it on here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending