The Student Room Group

I feel insecure about my relationship with my GF, really need advice guys....

Okay, so basically I am 24 and my girlfriend is 25. She is doing really well for herself, she's a nurse and lives on her own in a 2 bed house. I obviously go and visit, but I just feel like "why the heck is she dating me" because I'm in a job that I don't particularly enjoy, but I haven't told her this, and I live with my parents!

I was thinking of going back to education to study for something, but I don't know what. I just feel I have no direction in life and meanwhile, I have this amazing girl and she's doing a lot better than me. I really don't deserve her to be honest.

I am starting to doubt myself in every way possible. I go see her and all I'm thinking about is what I'm going to do with my life. We basically met online and we've only been together for about 5 weeks.

I've not brad pitt's looks, I've not got got George clooney charm, I'm not educated to as high a level as her, I'm just literally a normal guy. I suppose my looks are good compared to some guys, and my personality is okay. I know I'm not painting a very good picture of myself here, but I'm just extremely lucky I got her. By some stroke of luck she actually wanted to be with me instead of many other guys who I'm sure are doing a lot better than me in life.

I don't know, guys. I just don't know what to do, I'm actually getting slightly depressed about it all.

cheers.
Reply 1
Any advice on this?
Reply 2
Sounds like low self esteem to me, be grateful you got a wonderful girlfriend! And smile you miserable bastard!
Reply 3
Original post by Willbean
Sounds like low self esteem to me, be grateful you got a wonderful girlfriend! And smile you miserable bastard!

I know, right. I should be grateful, especially considering all the bad crap going on in the world. I don't know, I just can't get it out my head. I need to do it though.
This girl might be educated to a higher level than you and have a job she enjoys, but that does not mean she is better than you. She simply knew what she wanted to do at an early age and went ahead and did it. You probably have just as much potential as her - you just haven't yet worked out what to direct it at. Maybe you're one of those people who is good at a lot of things, which in some ways can be more of a curse than a blessing. You have a job, and that is more than can be said for a lot of people your age. I think it's actually quite the norm nowadays to not have it sorted by your mid twenties. There's no shame in admitting that you don't like your job, but there is shame in letting it turn you into a miserable whatsit. Maybe have a think about what it is that you don't like about it, and then use what you come up with to help you work out what it is that you would like to do. In terms of your career, which will probably last 40 years, this rough patch is nothing.
She must like you mate :smile:
If she is with you she likes you. I have low sled esteem at times but why not do the education course you want to do. You have only been together 5 weeks and if its something you want to do go for it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
Thanks, guys. I appreciate all the advice i've received so far. Maybe I am being a tad over dramatic about the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending