The Student Room Group

I have a problem with my girlfriends previous promiscuity in first year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ice Constricter
No I'm annoyed at the knee jerk reactions people seem to have in threads like this. It's that simple, so drop the sarcasm.

And I'm not talking about the anti slut shaming movement as a whole so let's not diverge into that.

I don't think it is a knee jerk thing, I think people see the hypocracy in how men and women are treated with regards to casual sex, and how badly people are treated when they haven't hurt anyone. That's a reasoned, thought out opinion. I don't know if you can say the same about people saying "ew that's dirty, what a slut".
Original post by Mankytoes
I don't think it is a knee jerk thing, I think people see the hypocracy in how men and women are treated with regards to casual sex, and how badly people are treated when they haven't hurt anyone. That's a reasoned, thought out opinion. I don't know if you can say the same about people saying "ew that's dirty, what a slut".

No, I get the double standard thing, like how girls are sluts and guys are players. But the knee jerk reaction comes from this very double standard that hurts girls, meaning that they see malice in someone's words when there isn't one (obviously I'm not talking about the guys that blantantly call girls sluts or whores).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending