The Student Room Group

Meaningless sex or no sex at all?

Anon please - friends sometimes look here. What's better, meaningless sex or no sex at all?

I'm 21 year old male at Uni - open-minded; like most guys, I crave for physical intimacy. At Uni i believe it's just enjoy the experience - but I find if you sleep with partners who you don't have much in common with - the attraction fizzle out pretty soon - being busy and ambitious I know where I want to go - and most girls I see at Uni tends to be drifting in life so I can't really stand them.

There's only been a very few girls I've been chasing, who stands for value that I really respect and want something more with - it's quite rare and obviously takes more effort. So my question: Is it better to have meaningless sex at uni - than to save yourselves for the one?
Reply 1
I read the question as "sex or no sex?"

No brainer really.
Reply 2
I'd take the meaningless sex option. It's not like you are losing out on anything. While I would love to have loving sex, I don't see the two as mutually exclusive. You can have meaningless sex while waiting for someone amazing to come into your life.
I wouldn't save myself for the one and casual sex is fun. But I prefer meaningful sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
meaningful sex, obviously
If I were single I don't think meaningless sex would have any appeal to me and it never really has. I think I'd feel a bit vulnerable about it, and as I can get myself off very well indeed, I could get by on no sex just fine. I just wouldn't want that closeness with a stranger or even an acquaintance, I think it takes a lot of trust. And I would probably get very emotional with a close friend or something, so I just can't imagine a scenario where it would work. I could totally change my attitude one day though so there's no ruling anything out.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. If you're okay with it, and the other person's okay with it, you're safe, and everything's very clear emotionally and so on. Why not have it if it was you want?

I just don't think I would handle it very well and the benefits wouldn't be enough for me. So you should just consider what you yourself are like and make the choice that you'll be happy with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending