The Student Room Group

Few quick questions...

Hi,

I am sending off today my Student Finance form, as I could not do it online. I constantly have a single error which I can't pass, and no one had any definite advice on how to pass it :frown: I have a few questions, and I was wondering whether anyone would be able to assist me with those.

1. I am an EU student who has lived in the UK for 8 years, do I need to send originals of documents or can they be photocopied and signed? Is it possible to send in my foreign Birth certificate without translation instead of the Passport? I will be going on a holiday in the next 4 weeks, and I will probably need the Passport.

2. What evidence is needed for financial side of the form? I believe the form says that I don't have to send any evidence in, however I just want to make sure. I got this form, printed it and filled it out: http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/559131/sfe_pn1_1314_d.pdf

3. I have no bank account as of yet, however I'd like to apply for the maintenance loan. Can this be added later by a phonecall or online when I send the form in?

4. What does the 'settled status' indicate? I have been in the UK for the past eight years as mentioned. I am not sure which 'Residency Status' would apply to me in Section 3.

Thank you.
Hi Kamil,

1. As you are applying for the same funding as a UK national you are subject to the same evidence requirements.

This means that you will be required to send your original non-UK Passport, we cannot accept foreign Birth Certificates or certified copies.

2. As the student you won't be required to provide any evidence of your own income details.

3. Yes you can add bank details to your account by logging in the going to My Account > Update Bank Details.

4. Settled status refers to the legal right to remain in the UK for non EU nationals. If you are an EU national this won't apply but if you're a national from a country external to the EU you need to have the relevant visa status from the Home Office to allow you to reside in the UK and to receive student finance.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending