The Student Room Group

Btec Applied Science level 3

I am currently studying this course if you need help and support message me and i'm sure we can get through this together by helping each other. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nadzworldz
I am currently studying this course if you need help and support message me and i'm sure we can get through this together by helping each other. :biggrin:

I start this next year, how are you finding the course? :smile:
I Have an interview later today to hopefully study this course. Fingers crossed it goes well!

How are you finding it?
I did this subject, I scraped a pass -.- mainly because my one of my teachers never wanted to mark and would give me a piece of work back like a month later..... It was very interesting though, Some units do get a bit tedious, (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Caraphernelia
I Have an interview later today to hopefully study this course. Fingers crossed it goes well!

How are you finding it?
I think it can be real nightmare sometimes, especially when nearly a lot people don't do the work and then the we get the blame. It can be ridiculous especially when people ask if you have done the work and decide to copy it.
:frown: But yeah hopefully I will do a lot better next year.
Reply 5
Original post by HappyBunny'93
I did this subject, I scraped a pass -.- mainly because my one of my teachers never wanted to mark and would give me a piece of work back like a month later..... It was very interesting though, Some units do get a bit tedious, (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
did u apply to University if u did what course did you apply for?:smile:
did u apply to University if u did what course did you apply for?:smile:

Children's Nursing at London South Bank University. And I have an unconditional so woo!

Just to clarify Applied Science wasn't the only level 3 course I did :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I've done the level 2 version of this course, I ended up getting a distinction. I'm starting level 3 in September.
What topics should I expect?
The topics depend entirely on your school- they can choose what units they want you to do (out of a pre- written list)

They do say that distinction at level 2 isn't even a pass at level 3- make sure you work hard, it's worth it in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iWoof
I've done the level 2 version of this course, I ended up getting a distinction. I'm starting level 3 in September.
What topics should I expect?

Sorry forgot to quote you, see last post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Children's Nursing at London South Bank University. And I have an unconditional so woo!

Just to clarify Applied Science wasn't the only level 3 course I did :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh cool, congrats and what other course did u study then if don't mid me askin?
Oh cool, congrats and what other course did u study then if don't mid me askin?

Health and social care
Art and design
Children's care Learning and Development

All BTECs :smile:. I also did maths and psychology as levels, I failed them :/ well tbh I didn't really try in those..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Health and social care
Art and design
Children's care Learning and Development

All BTECs :smile:. I also did maths and psychology as levels, I failed them :/ well tbh I didn't really try in those..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool at least u got into Uni though? is London your home city (if u dont mind me asking) or do live there for University?
Oh cool at least u got into Uni though? is London your home city (if u dont mind me asking) or do live there for University?

No I don't Normally live in London, I'll just be there for university- rather looking forward to it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
How comes you were allowed to do 3 btecs?
Reply 15
No I don't Normally live in London, I'll just be there for university- rather looking forward to it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
wow well good luck with ur studies:smile:
Original post by iWoof
How comes you were allowed to do 3 btecs?

Well equivalent to 5 I did.
I did them in two lots though- I was in 6th form for 4 years..

Year 11-forensic science and health and social care. Psychology AS

Year 12-second year of those BTECs above. Psychology AS level- again -.-

Year 13- CCLD (child care basically); equivalent to 2 A levels and work experience. And maths AS

Year 14. CCLD and art (did the whole 2 year course in one year ! :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I've just finished my first year of as levels including btec level 3 science (6 units). I've complete all of the core units but now I've decided I don't want to carry on the course anymore, so haven't done the other three units. Does anybody know if I will get a grade or anything out of just completing 3 units?
Reply 18
Well equivalent to 5 I did.
I did them in two lots though- I was in 6th form for 4 years..

Year 11-forensic science and health and social care. Psychology AS

Year 12-second year of those BTECs above. Psychology AS level- again -.-

Year 13- CCLD (child care basically); equivalent to 2 A levels and work experience. And maths AS

Year 14. CCLD and art (did the whole 2 year course in one year ! :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooow
How many ucas points did you get then?
Only 280, I didn't try in my first two years, regret it now but least I'm going to uni now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending