The Student Room Group

Cancelling A Maintenance Loan Request

Hello.

To cut a long story short, a few days ago I had been kicked out of home and under the belief that my parents would be financially cutting me off. For the past couple of years they have been paying my tuition fees and general living costs (I've been one lucky bugger).

Anyway, as a result of my situation, I applied for a maintenance loan (doing Erasmus this year so no tuition fees) However as of yesterday the issues with my parents have been resolved and they are willing to take care of my financial needs again.

Now I'm a tad wary because were I not to cancel this loan, am I right in thinking that the SLC will send me letters of correspondence? Since I won't need the loan I was thinking about putting it in a high interest bank account but the last thing I want is my parents finding out that I took out the loan and thus re-opening wounds from our previous tiff/causing more arguments. The loan I applied for did not take into account household income and I supplied my passport number so I don;t need to send in any evidence.

Alternatively as the thread title suggests, would it be possible for me to merely ring up the SLC and request for the loan to be cancelled?

Thanks for any help/advice
You can cancel it - cancellation process is set out on their website here: http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/full-time-study/new-students/how-to-apply/changing-your-application.aspx
Hi there,

To cancel your application, it would be best if you call us on 0845 300 5090 and our advisors will request that this be done.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending