The Student Room Group

Why do girls like boring men?

Scroll to see replies

Lol.

OP, get your deluded head out of your arse and realise that your perspective on what's interesting and boring is only yours, no one elses.

This is easily the most fundamental flaw that humans have. They think just because they perceive something to be a certain way, that it means it applies for everyone or as fact.

Ironically, you sound pretty annoying and boring as hell to me.
Uhm last time I checked girls were into guys that would make them happy. Whether the guy's boring in YOUR opinion doesn't mean said girl finds her partner boring too. o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
This never occurred to me before. And I have a hard time believing it's true to be honest, a girl in a relationship with a "boring" guy would hardly work would it? They're too different.

And supposing the guy doesn't like going to nightclubs? That would be doomed from the start.
Reply 23
Original post by thatrollingstone
Lol.

OP, get your deluded head out of your arse and realise that your perspective on what's interesting and boring is only yours, no one elses.

This is easily the most fundamental flaw that humans have. They think just because they perceive something to be a certain way, that it means it applies for everyone or as fact.

Ironically, you sound pretty annoying and boring as hell to me.

Ironically, you sound pretty annoying and boring as hell to me because you seem pretty easily offended.

And tbh I don't really care what you think of me lol because you sound pretty boring to me. We're both winners. We both can't be assed with each other. Maybe I'm honest? I'm not some PC person pretending to like everything? I don't keep **** bottled up. I can be an ********, but aren't we all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by L.O.V.E
"Boring" might actually mean safe and secure as in those guys are good, reliable and make good boyfriends. Someone with tons of hobbies and who works all the time might not have time to be the sort of guy that a girl wants (time/effort wise) etc.

Yeah this is probably true. Better than i said it. I'm not the safest person out there. I live a pretty different life to others. I'll admit at this time in my life I might make a **** boyfriend to most women. Maybe I might be attracted to these girls who I find boring.

I think next time I want to write a post I need to emphasise the 'in my opinion' part. People tend to get over emotional, PC and pissy. I never realised I could cause so much offence by what I said haha.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
some very talkative guys actually are a bit weird. they have tons of stories and stuff but a lot of people get the feeling their bull ****ters
Original post by datpiff
Ironically, you sound pretty annoying and boring as hell to me because you seem pretty easily offended.

And tbh I don't really care what you think of me lol because you sound pretty boring to me. We're both winners. We both can't be assed with each other. Maybe I'm honest? I'm not some PC person pretending to like everything? I don't keep **** bottled up. I can be an ********, but aren't we all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this is probably true. Better than i said it. I'm not the safest person out there. I live a pretty different life to others. I'll admit at this time in my life I might make a **** boyfriend to most women. Maybe I might be attracted to these girls who I find boring.

I think next time I want to write a post I need to emphasise the 'in my opinion' part. People tend to get over emotional, PC and pissy. I never realised I could cause so much offence by what I said haha.

Haha easily offended? I was just trying to teach you some basic life principles fella, it's to do you some good.

The reason you sound boring is because you sound very much like the guy who uses gross extroversion as some sort of compensation for a lack of intelligence and maturity in thought. Whether this is true is not for me to judge, but keep it in mind m'boy.
Original post by datpiff
Ah, TSR and their lovely angry people who like being way to cereal and love getting on their soapbox and starting an argument again.

Did I sound as though I was attacking them? Why have you got to write so angry that you sound offended? Do I offend you? Lol.

Don't take when I say 'mystery' too serious. Jesus. You need a hug.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would be more inclined to break my foot in his arse. Then he would need a doctor.

I really hate people who are easily offended, wish they would all ***** off.

As for the topic, its just one of those things. A more common one is the cock size debate. Some girls like em really big, but other girls like em when they're enormous. Each to their own, everyone is different (except me coz im unique) and prefers different things.
Original post by Laomedeia
I would be more inclined to break my foot in his arse. Then he would need a doctor.

As for the topic, its just one of those things. A more common one is the cock size debate. Some girls like em really big, but other girls like em when they're enormous. Each to their own, everyone is different (except me coz im unique) and prefers different things.

Lol. No words need be spoken.
Reply 28
Original post by datpiff
I still don't get why girls go for really boring men. It's still a mystery to me.

On rare occasion I hang around with a girls boyfriend and think 'yeah this guy is exciting and cool as hell', but it seems in general in my experience that girls usually go for really boring guys who don't say much and just don't have that energy or excitement.

I say I'm the sort of person who has tons of energy and can be pretty spontaneous and random at times. I'm also really creative too. I have a ton of hobbies and always working too. I don't get sometimes how some women date really reserved men. The sort of guys who don't say much in social situations and in general aren't very social. Don't get me wrong, really nice guys and all, but have I found out nice = boring?

I don't know tbh. Maybe the girls are boring themselves? Maybe they want somebody 'safe' and creative and spontaneous and random is pretty out there? Maybe all the excitement I get up to doesn't give me much time for relationship?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read my post on this kind of thing! You're giving me hope LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by datpiff

I say I'm the sort of person who has tons of energy and can be pretty spontaneous and random at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People who describe themselves like this are my worst nightmare :tongue:

And no offense OP but you're probably a teenager and have yet to realize people who are reserved are not necessarily boring, it may just be that you don't know how to interact/engage with them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Laomedeia

Shut up. :rolleyes:
Someone define boring please.
Original post by black_mamba

It's what boring/dull people use to describe things they don't like :tongue:
Original post by Get_Lucky_606
It's what boring/dull people use to describe things they don't like :tongue:

Good point! :biggrin:
Some people would consider my boyfriend boring because he's a bit of an old man at heart and he isn't interested in football/getting pissed/smoking/dressing like a tit with his pants showing, but he's perfect to me. I wouldn't want an "interesting" man because our personalities wouldn't suit. :h:
Oh, finally a reverse thread.

Why do all the girls go for the nice guyyysss? :frown::frown::frown:
I find it's rather the opposite.
Original post by black_mamba

Opposite of interesting. Something that has absolutely nothing that makes you want to do it/pay attention to it. It is crap.

Examples of boring:
Playing golf
Maths homework
Most daytime TV programs
Your grandads "olden days"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending