The Student Room Group

I want a boyfriend...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MrEFeynman
Best advice, fake it if you stumble, make a point of pointing it out and laughing at it. Confidence is as easy to fake as any other trait, best news is the more you fake it, the more you learn to act that way naturally.

True, but do I really want to present a fake image of myself? It's not that i'm afraid to approach women, it's more that i just simply don't know how. If i saw a girl i liked in the gym, what would i do? I feel like if i literally just walked over i'd need something worthwhile to say otherwise i'd just come off as a creep.
Reply 41
Original post by james1211
True, but do I really want to present a fake image of myself? It's not that i'm afraid to approach women, it's more that i just simply don't know how. If i saw a girl i liked in the gym, what would i do? I feel like if i literally just walked over i'd need something worthwhile to say otherwise i'd just come off as a creep.

I can tell you for a fact that you shouldn't approach women who are working out, it's annoying and horrible. BUT, if you wait until the person is in a lounge making coffee or something, or just leaving, and in no such hurry, approach her. Either she'll reject you nicely, or she'll give you her number.
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
I can tell you for a fact that you shouldn't approach women who are working out, it's annoying and horrible. BUT, if you wait until the person is in a lounge making coffee or something, or just leaving, and in no such hurry, approach her. Either she'll reject you nicely, or she'll give you her number.

Ok, see this is the problem, i don't know what i should and shouldn't do :colondollar:

I'm not very articulate with people i don't know so i never really know what to say. I think i need a plan in my head first.
Do you not have any hobbies? I met my first and only bf so far at a sports club.
Reply 44
Yeah i've not yet worked out how to find that out without being too forward.
I want never gets :tongue:
so badly.

I want the romance and physical side of a relationship. I want someone who is mature.

Me?
Height: 5'8
Weight: 11 st 5 lb
Long legs
A nice bum
Brown hair and eyes
A little tan

What the heck am I doing wrong?

I've had one bf previously, and met him online.
I've never met someone in person, bar one who rejected me, who I fancied the pants of in London.

Where do you meet people who actually talk to you?

If only older guys are going for you it might have something to do with your size. I've noticed younger men tend to go for those with a slim figure while older men aren't as fussed. 11st 5 is probs not the healthiest weight for your height.
Reply 47
If only older guys are going for you it might have something to do with your size. I've noticed younger men tend to go for those with a slim figure while older men aren't as fussed. 11st 5 is probs not the healthiest weight for your height.

I fail to see how that has anything to do with age, i'm 20 and i'd have no second thoughts going for someone with that figure. It's preference, not age.
Reply 48
BUT THAT'S SO WIERD!!!!

*switches back to a normal person*

I've met friends that way, but never anyone I found hot. Mind you, some guys in the Tube....

But from my experience, I come across as a complete mental woman.

I wouldn't worry about how you "come across".

Frankly, if you come across as anything other than your, albeit mental, self then the guys aren't meeting the real you and it's not worth it.

Take my word for it, on behalf of all men everywhere, when we like women sometimes we don't have the confidence to approach, plus everything doesn't have to be thought of as being seedy - if you want to chat to a random and have a reason to do so, or at least enough chat to blag a conversation, then go for it.
Reply 49
The only advice to give you as you are attracted to men and you are a man is to find people who have this same feeling such as in soho in the bars, join the pride marches and make friends with men

I fail to see how that has anything to do with age, i'm 20 and i'd have no second thoughts going for someone with that figure. It's preference, not age.

What do you mean fat women

Try and make eye contact with them, if they smile and their pupils dilate it is normally a sign that they are attracted to you. Then it is simply a case of finding out if they are single or not.

I love the pupil dilation test, it is an unstoppable physical reaction that can not lie.
Reply 51
Original post by BOnanas
The only advice to give you as you are attracted to men and you are a man is to find people who have this same feeling such as in soho in the bars, join the pride marches and make friends with men

What do you mean fat women

5 foot 8 and 11 stone 5 isn't fat, that's a pretty normal weight.
Reply 52
Try and make eye contact with them, if they smile and their pupils dilate it is normally a sign that they are attracted to you. Then it is simply a case of finding out if they are single or not.

I love the pupil dilation test, it is an unstoppable physical reaction that can not lie.

That's a good one, never knew about that.
Aww it's ok.
I'm sure you'll find someone one day. Don't go looking for love, it'll come to you.
I don't actually believe that. Join a dating site, or meet new people, join some societies, start a new hobby (I actually met some nice guys in dance classes- how's about salsa? or spin class etc?), join social networks, go to events etc. Just do something.
Cos ain't no prince charming comin' gunna land on your door step, unless you're a middleton.

ooh and perhaps join a church thing- this is going to sound bad but- there are loads of hotties at churches, well the churches i've been to...Usually the really happy charismatic churches, but there are a couple at catholic church down the road.
I haven't talked to any of them, but I will do. I'll be like ohh Father's preaching today was so inspiring. Hey wanna go for a drink :colone: Hehehehehheh
(edited 10 years ago)

Well it just so happens that older men are more likely to have that preference than younger men. That seems to be the trend.
Well it just so happens that older men are more likely to have that preference than younger men. That seems to be the trend.

Or that as women mature they become less fixated on being stick thin, as their knowledge and understanding grows.
5 foot 8 and 11 stone 5 isn't fat, that's a pretty normal weight.

Bmi 24 or so. The average BMI is 20. It's not fat but it's not great either.
Or that as women mature they become less fixated on being stick thin, as their knowledge and understanding grows.

And as men mature they too become less fixated on the woman with the 'ideal' body shape.
And as men mature they too become less fixated on the woman with the 'ideal' body shape.

Touche. :tee:
Reply 59
y do you want a boyfriend? Aren't relationships a total waste of time? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending