The Student Room Group

If you're single, what is holding you back from being in a relationship?

assuming that you're looking to be part of a relationship :tongue:

looks? scared of commitment? too happy with one night stands? meeting the right person?

discuss and share your feelings TSR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TheJay92
assuming that you're looking to be part of a relationship :tongue:

looks? scared of commitment? too happy with one night stands? meeting the right person?

discuss and share your feelings TSR

shyness, i don't think i'm 'good looking', right girl hasn't come along
Nobody I am really interested in.
Nobody really interested in me.
Mostly the latter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
hard to find decent guys who are single
i feel like being in a relationship restricts me from doing what i want
#teamsingle
Reply 5
Original post by Aniqa Bushra
i feel like being in a relationship restricts me from doing what i want
#teamsingle

haha I love your posts, you seem like a strong feminist doing it for all the girls out there :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by nju
hard to find decent guys who are single

We are out there :smile:
No one fancies me enough to ask me out and I am too shy to ask anyone out.
Reply 8
I've had male friends who fancied me/asked me out, but I'm just too busy for a relationship right now. On a gap yah, so it's self-inflicted :tongue:
Cba, seems like a waste of time, money et c. to me.
It's so risky as well.
The only benefit I can see is 'emotional support', which I don't need.
And it comes with a good slice of 'emotional grief' too in many cases!
(edited 10 years ago)
Crippling social anxiety/phobia
I'm too picky. But I liked being single, so my minds kind of like if I get in a relationship I've got to reallllly like him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't met the right boy or girl :dontknow:
Reply 13
Original post by Alpha brah
I've had male friends who fancied me/asked me out, but I'm just too busy for a relationship right now. On a gap yah, so it's self-inflicted :tongue:

at least you know what you want. I see a lot of my friends settling and being in a relationship for the sake of it even though it's not practical for them at all

and then i'm the one to console them when they argue and fight and complain about their life to me :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by VictoriaCoolio
No one fancies me enough to ask me out and I am too shy to ask anyone out.

I'm sure you're a great gal :smile:
Reply 15
I want a relationship, but I'm struggling to get somewhere with the person I like. I'm not intentionally single :tongue:
haha I love your posts, you seem like a strong feminist doing it for all the girls out there :tongue:

lool aw really?
cheers cutie :smile:
Reply 17
Mainly cause I don't want to be used or lied to again. I'm used to being single now and like being independent for the first time in ages
Reply 18
at least you know what you want. I see a lot of my friends settling and being in a relationship for the sake of it even though it's not practical for them at all

and then i'm the one to console them when they argue and fight and complain about their life to me :s-smilie:

Unfortunately, being logical always turns one into the shoulder to lean on, regardless of relationship status :tongue:

Yeah, I've never had a bf before but I don't regret choosing to stay single, I did like some of the guys who asked me out but if it isn't the right time for you it isn't the right time for you :dontknow:

How about you?
Original post by SecretDuck
Haven't met the right boy or girl :dontknow:

are you bi?

Quick Reply

Latest