The Student Room Group

Feeling alone at university in second year

Hey everyone
was just posting because i feel really alone at uni here and i have no idea why. I live with a group of 3 other girls and 2 boys (one of whom is my boyfriend) but i get moments when i feel like i'm really hated by everyone and it just makes me want to cry :frown:
the worst thing is, is that my boyfriend is the only person i feel truely happy around, and he has a year abroad next year, which i keep getting really anxious about-
i'm going to be so alone and sad
(and yeah i'm sorry for this being so whiney and annoying haha, but i just wanted to vent it off my chest)

Any advice? xxx
Reply 1
Not whiney, sounds like the onset of depression. Really think you should go see your GP and speak to them about it. I've suffered on and off for 8 years and this really has given me a hunch you might be in the grips of it too. Best of luck x
Reply 2
Its natural to feel stressed about your BF leaving - but if you rely on feeling happy because of ANYONE or ANYTHING else other than you simply choosing to be happy and stable, then it will never last.

So be happy for the sake of being happy. Doing it is pretty hard, but you have to keep practicing being grateful. But also build your confidence by making personal goals for your life - what do you want to do in life? what are the steps you need to take? answer them specifically - the more detailed the better.

And yeah - i think your sensitive to other's thoughts about you (i have that too) - just ignore those things, everyone always thinks something negative of another in some shape or form, it doesnt mean they dislike you, its just a human thing.

Last but not least - dont fall into depression. Just exercise and go for walks. Alone time is sometimes important. They say, if you dont like being alone, it means you dont like your own company.... so build your confidence by making personal goals and exercising (it stimulates happy hormones).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending