The Student Room Group

I cheated and now I am so confused!

Help me... anyone.

This situation is far more complicated than I can convey on a single post on here, but I'll do my best to sum it up.

I've basically been in a very turbulent relationship for a while now - a loving and caring relationship, but very bumpy. I got to the end of my tether a couple of weeks ago and circumstances caused me to cheat. I was interviewing a guy (who is friends with my boyfriend) for my dissertation and we got on ridiculously well and opened up to each other about everything, had an amazing connection and we ended up at the same party. Me and the boyfriend had a full blown argument, momentarily broke up & long story short I ended up sleeping with the friend.

I felt so awful the next day, the friend ignored me and my boyfriend got so upset and we ended up getting back together and sorting it out. But I couldn't let the friend go. I lost some of the interview with him so we arranged to meet up last weekend to finish it off. We ended up getting drunk and he stayed the night. But we then spent the rest of the weekend with each other, lovey dovey and he said he'd fallen for me. Basically, it's not just physical. But we can't be together, it's so wrong it's not funny.

So basically, I feel like I'm in two minds. I know we should have stopped and what I did was terribly wrong and I think cheaters, including myself, are disgusting. But right now I feel completely hurt and humiliated - that I had such a strong connection with this guy and we have to cut it off because its horrible and not fair.

Oh, this is so complicated. If anyone can try and offer some advice that would be great based on this, but I have an anonymous blog quarterfrench.tumblr.com if anyone wants to see the whole situation and has some time on their hands to help me!

General advice about cheating on someone is also helpful. Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Had an argument, cheats. "Circumstances caused me to cheat", no relationship is a smooth ride and obviously there will be bumps. You clearly have a childish and naive view of relationships, you're just one night stand material, nothing more.

Women's logic. Always gives me a good chuckle, I absolutely revel in it.

EDIT: Yes... keep feeding me those green gems...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Break up with your boyfriend. It's not rocket science.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
and circumstances caused me to cheat.

This really irritates me.
Help me... anyone.

This situation is far more complicated than I can convey on a single post on here, but I'll do my best to sum it up.

I've basically been in a very turbulent relationship for a while now - a loving and caring relationship, but very bumpy. I got to the end of my tether a couple of weeks ago and circumstances caused me to cheat. I was interviewing a guy (who is friends with my boyfriend) for my dissertation and we got on ridiculously well and opened up to each other about everything, had an amazing connection and we ended up at the same party. Me and the boyfriend had a full blown argument, momentarily broke up & long story short I ended up sleeping with the friend.

I felt so awful the next day, the friend ignored me and my boyfriend got so upset and we ended up getting back together and sorting it out. But I couldn't let the friend go. I lost some of the interview with him so we arranged to meet up last weekend to finish it off. We ended up getting drunk and he stayed the night. But we then spent the rest of the weekend with each other, lovey dovey and he said he'd fallen for me. Basically, it's not just physical. But we can't be together, it's so wrong it's not funny.

So basically, I feel like I'm in two minds. I know we should have stopped and what I did was terribly wrong and I think cheaters, including myself, are disgusting. But right now I feel completely hurt and humiliated - that I had such a strong connection with this guy and we have to cut it off because its horrible and not fair.

Oh, this is so complicated. If anyone can try and offer some advice that would be great based on this, but I have an anonymous blog quarterfrench.tumblr.com if anyone wants to see the whole situation and has some time on their hands to help me!

There is nothing complicated about it. You cheated, you should tell him, and he should break up with you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Aww poor you being all confused.
I thought this was going to be about an exam
Reply 7
Original post by thenumber2goose

same here xD
Original post by Yakob
Had an argument, cheats. "Circumstances caused me to cheat", you stupid little girl, no relationship is a smooth ride and obviously there will be bumps. You clearly have a childish and naive view of relationships, you're just one night stand material, nothing more.

Agreed!

I cant empathise with OP on this one but I suggest she calls it quits with the bf. if one argument can cause you to cheat, then you really aren't 100% into your bf.
Original post by Yakob
Had an argument, cheats. "Circumstances caused me to cheat", you stupid little girl, no relationship is a smooth ride and obviously there will be bumps. You clearly have a childish and naive view of relationships, you're just one night stand material, nothing more.

I've apparently given you too much rep even though I don't remember you lol
Sorry I can't give you rep for this!
Original post by thenumber2goose

In a way it is. OP failed at life :frown:
Cheating more than once on the same guy with the same guy is just disgraceful.
Reply 12

Don't.
Reply 13
I read your other thread, detailing events of the party.

Now I've read your blog. So many things I could pick out... but I'm feeling sick (because of it) so I'll just say:

LEAVE YOUR BOYFRIEND ALREADY FFS. LEAVE HIM. LEAVE HIM.

Forget all your bull**** self-righteous reasoning and explanations of your thoughts and intentions that are at least partly lies told so convincingly you think you believe them yourself. Do the right thing already, cut the crap, stop avoiding the difficulty of it or pretending that leaving him would be the "selfish" option. It doesn't matter what else you do or don't do: Leave your boyfriend.

Edit: YOUR boyfriend, not "the" boyfriend, or your "most prized possession".
(edited 10 years ago)
This actually made me a little mad, especially the 'circumstances' part. No different from other cheaters.

I agree with the others in this thread.
Reply 15
Help me... anyone.

If you are willing to cheat you are willing to leave your boyfriend; tell the truth and break up with him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meh, you didn't cheat.

You were on a break

just like ross from friends, no big deal.

just choose one
Reply 17
How do you live with yourself? How do you look yourself in the mirror? Are you a human?
Read the OP's blog, she's a pretty abhorrent human being. That, or a troll practicing their creative writing.
Reply 19
Help me... anyone.

Wow.

Well I'm going to say something a little different here: I completely understand.

Cheating is bad, it's wrong, we all know this. But it happens and situations sometimes to lead to this - particularly when feelings are involved. People are so quick to judge people who cheat on their partners, but at the end of the day, most people are just slaves to their emotions. We make mistakes, we learn, we grow, and we deal with them better next time. People who can't understand the reason for cheating have just been lucky enough not to have to deal with feelings that strong.

We are all weak when it comes to love.
If you're not weak, it's not love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending