The Student Room Group

Test tomorrow.. different address on provisional! Help!

Deletedelete
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by skd1996
I have my practical test tomorrow (so nervous), but my provisional licence has my old address on it!
I moved at the same time I was booking the test, so my licence may have not arrived in time if I had sent it off.

I am unsure on what will happen with this, can I still do the test?

I read somewhere that you can fill out the form with your new address and hand this in with it when you finish (if you pass) and your new licence will come with your new address on- but I am unsure on how legitimate this source was?

Has anyone else had this experience? Or does anyone know what I should do?

If you pass, I think what you're supposed to do is to write your new address in the change of address section on your current provisional license, then post this with the photocard and test pass certificate to the DVLA. You'll have to do this yourself instead of the examiner sending it off, as they would normally.

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

(Source: http://www.drmdrivertraining.co.uk/driving-lessons/after-you-pass-your-test/driving-licence/)
Reply 2
Original post by jameswhughes
what you're supposed to do is to write your new address in the change of address section on your current provisional license,
This is correct, but make sure you fill all this in BEFORE you attend for your test. The examiner won't be best pleased if he has to wait for you to write it all slowly in the waiting room.

You'll have to do this yourself instead of the examiner sending it off, as they would normally.
Not necessarily. The examiner has the facility to implement an address change after a test pass, but the change of address must be entered on the licence counterpart prior to the test.
Reply 3
Thank you both of you, I will be sure to do that then! :smile:

My test is in about 2 hours, so nervous! Any tips on busting the nerves just before the exam?
Reply 4
Original post by skd1996
Thank you both of you, I will be sure to do that then! :smile:

My test is in about 2 hours, so nervous! Any tips on busting the nerves just before the exam?

So how'd it go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending