The Student Room Group

Asking a female friend to take my virginity??

I'm 21 and obviously a virgin and i've recently been having a bit of a inner war with myself

I've been comtemplating about ging up to a friend and asking them to take my virginity, i just don't know what to make of it, i'm the kinda of person that wants sex to mean something, however it does get me down that i'm in my final year at uni and the cloestest thing to sex i've had is dry humping a girl

There is a reason why i havne't done a ONS before, i get attached to peopel farily quicklt (emoitionally), i just don't know what to make of it, the sodes sides of me are having a mini war

If anyone has any expiernace with this or even a FwB situation please share them

I know this doesn't seem like much of a question, but i don't really have anyone to talk to about this, don't have that kinda realationship with my parents so ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do you care so much about losing it?
Reply 2
Original post by DannyYYYY
Why do you care so much about losing it?

Thats another one of my problems, i don't know why i care so much, yet i do care a lot, it might be beacuse i'll feel closer to said girl and might actually get a a date or something out of it, i don't know
If you do that, there's a chance you'll ruin your friendship with the girl. Do you want to risk that?

Anyway, I hate that virginity is seen as something for people to be ashamed of :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Maid Marian
If you do that, there's a chance you'll ruin your friendship with the girl. Do you want to risk that?

Anyway, I hate that virginity is seen as something for people to be ashamed of :frown:

I'm not normally ashamed of it if anything i'm proud most times, but i have really **** days (like today) where i just analyise everything in my life and just start listing the things that get me down
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not normally ashamed of it if anything i'm proud most times, but i have really **** days (like today) where i just analyise everything in my life and just start listing the things that get me down

Okay, well, please don't be ashamed of it. :no: Loads of us are still virgins. There's nothing remotely wrong with it.
Have a hug :hugs:
Reply 6
Dude, you make yourself sound desperate
Reply 7
Original post by Norin
Dude, you make yourself sound desperate

Beacuse there are days where i am desperate, not gonna sugar coat it, my depression makes me feel so **** sometimes
Reply 8
Beacuse there are days where i am desperate, not gonna sugar coat it, my depression makes me feel so **** sometimes

TMI, plus there was a program called 50 year old virgins, hope that makes you fell better :colone:
If you came to me, I'd completely delete you out of my life.

Cheap.
I've got an on-off FwB, basically we're FwBs when she's single (I'm always a free agent by choice, got tired of relationships and the lack of freedom), but when she's in a relationship we cut ties because it gets weird. I like her as a friend as well as being sexually attracted to her, same with her and she's fully aware that we'll not be an item in the foreseeable future. When we are seeing each other I think it's better that we're not commited to each other, thee's none of the arguments or pressure that come with relationships and we just have a laugh together. Plus that first sex session after not being in contact for ages is always mindblowing :wink:

So yeah OP, that's my experience with an FwB. I would recommend it, but seeing that you mentioned you get attached to people easily, I'm not sure how well it will work for you. Would you not just consider a relationship with them?
If you are so desperate to lose it, just leave it on the bus...... oh wait, we are talking about THAT thing.... oh, right..... just don't worry about when you lose it, it really isn't important.
Reply 12
Original post by WoodyMKC
I've got an on-off FwB, basically we're FwBs when she's single (I'm always a free agent by choice, got tired of relationships and the lack of freedom), but when she's in a relationship we cut ties because it gets weird. I like her as a friend as well as being sexually attracted to her, same with her and she's fully aware that we'll not be an item in the foreseeable future. When we are seeing each other I think it's better that we're not commited to each other, thee's none of the arguments or pressure that come with relationships and we just have a laugh together. Plus that first sex session after not being in contact for ages is always mindblowing :wink:

So yeah OP, that's my experience with an FwB. I would recommend it, but seeing that you mentioned you get attached to people easily, I'm not sure how well it will work for you. Would you not just consider a relationship with them?

I always **** up realtionships, i don't even get a date most of the time ...
Reply 13
Also the reason why i feel down about this, is i feel like i'm missing out, all my friends have had sex at least once and i get annoyed and jealous whenever i hear about their sexual escapades
What makes you assume she'd say yes? I think most people would find it weird...
Reply 15
Original post by KingStannis
What makes you assume she'd say yes? I think most people would find it weird...

Hense the inner battle, the reason section of my brain is saying that, where as the depressed side (no point in sugar coating it) is making me feel like i pile of crap
Reply 16
I'm 21 and obviously a virgin and i've recently been having a bit of a inner war with myself

I've been comtemplating about ging up to a friend and asking them to take my virginity, i just don't know what to make of it, i'm the kinda of person that wants sex to mean something, however it does get me down that i'm in my final year at uni and the cloestest thing to sex i've had is dry humping a girl

There is a reason why i havne't done a ONS before, i get attached to peopel farily quicklt (emoitionally), i just don't know what to make of it, the sodes sides of me are having a mini war

If anyone has any expiernace with this or even a FwB situation please share them

I know this doesn't seem like much of a question, but i don't really have anyone to talk to about this, don't have that kinda realationship with my parents so ...

Losing your virginity is not a big deal, it's all in your head.
Reply 17
That's a good way to lose one of your friends. Not such a good way to lose your virginity.
Reply 18
In your case, losing the V will make no difference to your life. /honest advice you will ever get
I know this doesn't help, but I just wanted to say that I relate to literally everything you have said in this post both in the actual post and your responses to. people. I completely understand, and I'm in the same spot as you are. The only real difference that I can see from here is that I'm a lesbian and you're a guy (who's sexuality I'm not sure).

Latest

Trending

Trending