The Student Room Group

Ladies have you ever fancied a guy, only to find out he was gay?

What were your reaction when they came out gay?

Want to know.
Yes, and I still fancy him..was dissapointed when I realised he was gay.
Yup, no one like. In an I-adore-your-face-let's-have-babies way. Just in a let's-get-a-room way. But yeah, it's a shame.
Yup. I really had no idea. :sad:
Reply 4
Yep,and when he came out I was happy for him as he apparently had been hiding it for a while and told me it felt good to let everyone know but I also felt a little upset as obviously I liked him in a way that would never work between us.
Reply 5
i'm a guy and most of the guys I get a crush on are straight. it's annoying since I can't help falling for guys who are more 'straight' :frown:
Personally I haven't, but my friend has. She fancied Stephen Fry. She was genuinely shocked when I broke it to her.
Reply 7
Original post by Ladyliesel
Personally I haven't, but my friend has. She fancied Stephen Fry. She was genuinely shocked when I broke it to her.

I remember when daley came out a week ago and my friend was heartbroken and genuinely didn't think he was into guys
Yes, and we were actually pretty much together as well. In fact, he told me he was gay and then carried on acting completely normally, which was, of course, somewhat confusing and upsetting.
If we can count Jaymi from Union J, then yes I have :p:
Reply 10
Nope, never. There were few times when I suspected someone being gay and they turned out to be straight :tongue:
Yes! I posted a thread about it just the other day... because it is one of the hardest situations to be in...
I'm totally and unconditionally in love with my gay friend. So although I'd rather he be happy (and tbh I think hes not happy atm) it's still soo hard.

We are becoming closer and closer friends everyday and it's hard to act normal when my heart is pounding and my pupils are dilating. But I love him enough that I would never try anything with him as it would be stupid and deluded anyway.

When I first fell for him it was before I knew he was gay. But you can't just turn off feelings. Anyone else in similar position just stay strong... its unfortunately all you can do at this point.

How did I feel when I found out... ? Well lets just say I didn't believe in "heart break' untill my heart felt like it had been ripped apart and stamped on, I still get an echo of the pain every single time I see his face.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Never properly fancied, but I've found them attractive - it's always been a bit of a disappointment more than true sadness when I found out the truth! I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be to be in love with a guy who's actually gay, even the thought of it is painful.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheJay92
i'm a guy and most of the guys I get a crush on are straight. it's annoying since I can't help falling for guys who are more 'straight' :frown:

Seeing as about 95% of guys are straight, isn't that just obvious?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending