The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Piko_Piko
How can someone grow up relatively poor and yet be so spoilt???

Debt? There's huge pressure on many families at this time of year to go into debt to fund presents that aren't needed.
My kids get very little at Christmas and Birthdays and yet are never disappointed. Myself and my husband work very hard (as well as me being a FT student) to provide food for them to eat and a roof above their head.

We also go on holiday without them once a year. It's a treat for us. We barely see each other throughout the year as we just don't stop and we need that break to recharge our batteries and ensure that our relationship stays on track. Happy parents really do equal happier children in my opinion.

Being a parent and holding a family together is incredibly stressful and I'm sure when you're an adult and have a family of your own, you'll look back and appreciate what your own parents did manage to do for you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
your parents are trying their best. appreciate the fact that you hvae a roof over your head, a place to call home, and people who love you
To be fair, for £75 you could get an iPhone 3 from gumtree or something. It's not like they gave you nothing.
Original post by Piko_Piko
How can someone grow up relatively poor and yet be so spoilt???

thats what im thinking

OP you sound like a spoiled brat

you want stuff, then get a job and buy it yourself, your parents are doing thier best

and boohoo they take a holiday once a year, beleive it or not there is no rule that dictates they must spend every spare penny on you.
(edited 10 years ago)
well my parents don't give me presents on my birthday or christmas. I think its justified because my parents put a roof over my head and pay for everything already(like clothes, food, accessories...). And on my birthday they throw me a party. I think thats enough tbh. For me xmas is about repaying my parents
Hello! First of all, I know the struggle. My parents don’t get me anything for my birthday. No money clothes or even anything for Christmas even though we are Christian. For me, I my parents are just too lazy, and sometimes even forget my birthday! You’re not alone. (Sry I’m late)

Latest

Trending

Trending