The Student Room Group

What do this girls actions mean? (Advice please!)

Hi all. I'm having a little trouble trying to work this girls actions. Hoping some of you can help give me some insight, as I'm quite inexperienced with this stuff. :redface:

To make it simple I'll do a positives/negatives list and possible meanings:

Positives
- We've had 4 dates; all of which went perfect
- She made time for me (for these) dates when she was REALLY busy
- She has asked me to come to dinner one evening to meet her friends
- She was on holiday for a week with her friends but still made time to leave me a message in the mornings/evenings
- She gets excited when I tell her I'm going to call her later
- She wants to see me when she's back

Negatives
- She is currently out the country (in her home country) for two more weeks and she is EXTREMELY unresponsive with whatsapp/fb; sometimes doesn't bother to reply at all for 3 days, after which I will msg her again..
- If I ask a question, she rarely gives an answer but instead gives me a short statement
- She never asks me questions or asks how I am
- She has gained power of the situation; I am doing all the chasing & making all the effort (I dont want to keep msging her first and coming across needy/clingy!)

Possible Meanings
- She's very busy with uni work
- She's not a fan of texting/social media (this is quite evident by the fact she looks forward to me calling her?)
- She's dating another guy(s) aswell (I have a feeling this isnt the case..but you never know..)
- She's simply leading me on
- She's playing good old-fashioned female games

I guess what this shows is that - she is really great with me in-person but extremely unresponsive/secretive with communication. What could this mean?

Is the evidence thus far, good or bad?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all. I'm having a little trouble trying to work this girls actions. Hoping some of you can help give me some insight, as I'm quite inexperienced with this stuff. :redface:

Positives
- She was on holiday for a week with her friends but still made time to leave me a message in the mornings/evenings

Negatives
- She is currently out the country (in her home country) for two more weeks and she is EXTREMELY unresponsive with whatsapp/fb; sometimes doesn't bother to reply at all for 3 days, after which I will msg her again..
- If I ask a question, she rarely gives an answer but instead gives me a short statement
- She has gained power of the situation; I am doing all the chasing & making all the effort (I dont want to keep msging her first and coming across needy/clingy!)

Possible Meanings
- She's not a fan of texting/social media (this is quite evident by the fact she looks forward to me calling her?)
- She's dating another guy(s) aswell (I have a feeling this isnt the case..but you never know..)

I guess what this shows is that - she is really great with me in-person but extremely unresponsive/secretive with communication. What could this mean?

Wow dude, chill out! You're putting me on edge just reading this. It's not only boys who need space too. I find that I'm somewhat relatable to her in what she does. She probably doesn't text back because if she's anything like me, she sees the message and then thinks she'll text back later and then never get around to it. I just have this issue of never following up and then realising like a week later. Her short statements may also be because she doesn't know how to communicate 2 way and doesn't actually think about the conversation and thus the short answers. Overall I believe she's really busy and that although she may like you, her lifestyle clearly doesn't revolve around you. No harm intended but just chill and play it out, calm down, play it cool. If she wants you she will come to you.:cool:
Reply 2

Positives

Negatives

Possible Meanings

It means you're over thinking this WAAAAY too much.
Reply 3
Original post by NicolaM
Wow dude, chill out! You're putting me on edge just reading this. It's not only boys who need space too. I find that I'm somewhat relatable to her in what she does. She probably doesn't text back because if she's anything like me, she sees the message and then thinks she'll text back later and then never get around to it. I just have this issue of never following up and then realising like a week later. Her short statements may also be because she doesn't know how to communicate 2 way and doesn't actually think about the conversation and thus the short answers. Overall I believe she's really busy and that although she may like you, her lifestyle clearly doesn't revolve around you. No harm intended but just chill and play it out, calm down, play it cool. If she wants you she will come to you.:cool:

Sorry, maybe it came across edgy. I am very much chilled. Just in need of some enlightenment.

She won't come to me. She wants me to do all the chasing until the ice is fully broken. That's very clear.
Reply 4
Original post by johnh1983
It means you're over thinking this WAAAAY too much.

Maybe.

Some constructive advice would be preferable :redface:

I'm thinking maybe just to not contact her till new years and give it some time.
Sorry, maybe it came across edgy. I am very much chilled. Just in need of some enlightenment.

She won't come to me. She wants me to do all the chasing until the ice is fully broken. That's very clear.

Chances are she could be a player. Sometimes girls are fed up of being played and so maybe she's doing this to you. However I wouldn't go as far to go on a date with a guy 4 times if I was only messing with him so there must be some underlying feelings. Don't make this relationship your priority.
Reply 6

I'm thinking maybe just to not contact her till new years and give it some time.

I'm thinking that's a good idea :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by NicolaM
Chances are she could be a player. Sometimes girls are fed up of being played and so maybe she's doing this to you. However I wouldn't go as far to go on a date with a guy 4 times if I was only messing with him so there must be some underlying feelings. Don't make this relationship your priority.

Many thanks for your reply. I don't have any female friends, that I would feel comfortable talking to about this. :redface:

I agree 4 dates is too many to be messing someone around. Usually if a girls not interested, I know after one or two dates.

I have other girls after me, but I turn them down because I want this girl. I don't like the idea of seeing multiple people, even at a dating stage. She certainly isnt the focal point of my life, but certainly the only girl I want.
I think you've answered your own question, she likes you to take the lead and she isn't a great fan of online text comms
Reply 9
Original post by johnh1983
I'm thinking that's a good idea :wink:

Once again it'll be doing the chasing lol. *sigh*

Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
I think you've answered your own question, she likes you to take the lead and she isn't a great fan of online text comms

That doesn't quite answer my question :^_^:
Maybe.

Some constructive advice would be preferable :redface:

I'll make you a deal, you wait until New Years to contact her and I'll wait till New Years to contact the lady in my situation, bring in a similar mind set as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by teenageclay
I'll make you a deal, you wait until New Years to contact her and I'll wait till New Years to contact the lady in my situation, bring in a similar mind set as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good buddy! I'm sure we can last 3-4 days! I hope everything works out for you :smile:
Sounds good buddy! I'm sure we can last 3-4 days! I hope everything works out for you :smile:

You too man, solidarity for the total monogamy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I better hide my identity, giving away girls secrets.

She's definitely into you.

She's not seeing other guys (but you already know this). She wouldn't let you meet her friends if she had five other guys on the go.

This is a big clue (in my opinion, which I guess you're looking for) that she is playing
girls like to give the impression at the start of relationships (and sometimes throughout) that they are super busy (even when they're sitting at home painting their toenails) so that you'll work harder to get their attention. It's a defense mechanism really, to make sure you're not just a passing attraction (so she doesn't waste her time chasing a loser). Also the really good girls (the keepers) will always give you just a little bit less than you want, as to keep you 'wanting more' and wondering. You know try to stay mysterious.

Or she could well be really busy with uni work, but in either case find yourself something to get busy with. I found myself in a similar situation to yourself so I got myself some hobbies, part-time job and threw myself into school work (you'll hardly notice that it's been three days since you last heard from her).

(I dont want to keep msging her first and coming across needy/clingy!) Then don't message her first.
- She never asks me questions or asks how I am That's a bit dramatic, I'm pretty sure she has asked you a question and I'm sure she's asks you how you are when you call her (that's just a matter of manners tbh). But you might not be giving her enough chance to miss you if you're bombarding her with texts and questions. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and what not.

So my advice would be: enjoy the chase, anyways boys (I'm amusing your male) are the one who are supposed to do the chasing.

From X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending