The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hahaha! The title of this thread made me spit out my drink. :')

Nice one...
Reply 41
Will stupid threads like this in the Relationships section ever end?
Reply 42
Original post by MJ1012
And what does "socially acceptable" have do to with it, most people masturbate in private, if anything it just means they won't be honest about it so your argument is a little flawed when you say women don't masturbate much when you know there's a good chance they're lieing

Fair point. But of course it being less socially acceptable will lead to less women doing it, I've heard quite a few girls say after they did it they felt a bit 'ashamed' afterwards. And probably leads them to feel less inclined to do it again.

And I don't see why a woman would lie when asked to provide information for studies which always highly emphasise anonymity and stress the importance of honest, true results. They may lie to friends but I don't see why they'd lie when completing an anonymous survey where their honesty is merely a statistic.

Apparently according to a study-

"The survey of over a 1,000 people found English men do it on average eight times per week in comparison to Scottish and Welsh men who masturbate daily. Irish men are more restrained at five times a week.

Scottish women masturbate the most at three times a week, with English girls doing it twice, while Welsh and Irish ladies just do it once."

http://metro.co.uk/2007/10/16/brits-masturbation-habits-revealed-302888/

So it seems men are more inclined to masturbate daily whereas women are more likely to do it weekly.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MJ1012
And what does "socially acceptable" have do to with it, most people masturbate in private, if anything it just means they won't be honest about it so your argument is a little flawed when you say women don't masturbate much when you know there's a good chance they're lieing

I suppose because female masturbation is not openly discussed or seen as a 'thing' like male masturbation is because of the fact it's not as socially acceptable, a lot of women wouldn't even consider doing it because it's just seen as something men do and it'd make them feel too ashamed to want to try it.

I was 18 by the time I found out women masturbate too and it came as a bit of a surprise to me, whereas it's public knowledge that men do it and they probably start from a much younger age.

However, I don't think it's some uncommon thing that rarely happens, I can just see why it'd be less common than male masturbation. I agree that a lot of women just don't talk about it so you just wouldn't know. I do it regularly but I've not told any of my friends that and I have no idea if any of them do so it must be a lot more common than it seems, it's just women don't admit to it.
Reply 44
yes they do :teehee:
Original post by Rascacielos
No, not at all. Never. Absolutely not. What a suggestion, that girls might enjoy or even (deep breath) want sex!

Finally a girl who admits the truth :yep:.
Reply 46
Nahh! Girls never gets turn on! Of course they do... girls get turn on more than guys...there's a sayin that says: "every girl is a freak, it takes the right kind of a man to make them be thst freak"... you clearly never been inside a chick panty mate lool trust me girls gets light up on fire when turned on...:mwuaha:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Innit!! Get upstairs take your **** off n u better be hard loooool :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Are you being serious OP? :erm:
Reply 49
Original post by Precious Illusions
Are you being serious OP? :erm:

Serious? Always!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilsz
Just on the basis of a generalization the majority wouldn't though

If you know the answer, why ask the question?
Original post by keromedic
Finally a girl who admits the truth :yep:.

I can't quite tell whether you got my sarcasm or not.
Obviously!?

If you haven't managed to turn a girl on, that says something about you, not about 3.5 billion people. :rolleyes:
I can't quite tell whether you got my sarcasm or not.

:teehee:
Reply 54
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Obviously!?

If you haven't managed to turn a girl on, that says something about you, not about 3.5 billion people. :rolleyes:

:colondollar:

If you know the answer, why ask the question?

To get female thoughts and opinions. No need to be hostile :'(
Do you girls ever randomly get horny? like I might be bored in a lecture and randomly get a semi and sometimes a raging hard on which is uncomfortable haha, then follows the mind games and pinching myself to get rid of it
Original post by Dilsz

To get female thoughts and opinions. No need to be hostile :'(

I'm not being hostile. But you don't seem to be taking differing opinions on board.
Reply 57
I'm not being hostile. But you don't seem to be taking differing opinions on board.

I have taken opinions on board. The majority of the responses in this thread have changed my views.
Reply 58
Original post by Horny Cabbage
Do you girls ever randomly get horny? like I might be bored in a lecture and randomly get a semi and sometimes a raging hard on which is uncomfortable haha, then follows the mind games and pinching myself to get rid of it

Yes.
Reply 59
Original post by MJ1012

I know, I can't imagine a girl not masturbating because she thinks it's not socially acceptable. It's not as if she's required to make a public service announcement broadcasting all the details.

Latest

Trending

Trending