The Student Room Group

How do I go from this to this?

I would say I'm just a little slimmer than the girl on the left (size10) but I want to look more like the girl on the right. Which exercises should I do? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1390554488.522575.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Eat a bit less calories than your body needs. Do any form of exercise you like, a sport or just running :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JollyJelly
Eat a bit less calories than your body needs. Do any form of exercise you like, a sport or just running :smile:

Yep this

Also, isn't that Ellie Goulding?
Forget cardio, start lifting weights and eat in a slight deficit. Focus on compound exercises and lift as heavy as you can with gradual progression.

Oh, and a lot of camera work. Tanning, lighting, angles, etc.
Original post by Universityofme
Forget cardio, start lifting weights and eat in a slight deficit. Focus on compound exercises and lift as heavy as you can with gradual progression.

Oh, and a lot of camera work. Tanning, lighting, angles, etc.

The girl on the right doesn't lift. That's just a skinny body. A calorie deficit will get most girls that body. And cardio is just a very healthy thing to do as part of an overall healthier lifestyle.
Original post by JollyJelly
The girl on the right doesn't lift. That's just a skinny body. A calorie deficit will get most girls that body. And cardio is just a very healthy thing to do as part of an overall healthier lifestyle.

Yes cardio can get you there but she will look twice as good from lifting and in exactly the same time span, if not faster. Lifting builds muscle and burns calories so it's a win win.
Facially they look like the same person :/
Cardio, squats, leg training. I personally think the first girls figure is way better.
Reply 8
Compound movements especially squats, deadlifts and hip thrusts 2-3x a week, some upper body pushing/pulling (db rows, weighted push ups, chin ups, db military press) - pick 1-2 leg exercises and do 4 sets of 6 and then 3x12 on upper body exercises (pick 2) at a challenging weight. One core exercise like ab roll outs, dragon flags (look up) and weighted sit ups all 3x8-12 in each session. That should take no longer than 30-40 mins 3x a week. Add low intensity cardio like incline walking 5 days a week for 30-45 mins, calorie deficit of 500 ish with 100g protein, 50g fats and the rest carbs with lots of veg/fruit, a few healthy fats like handful of nuts/couple of eggs. 6 months later, you'll be a stone lighter with a toned bum and all-round drool worthy body :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by mrhedgehog
Cardio, squats, leg training. I personally think the first girls figure is way better.

Those fat thighs and that untoned stomach though :confused:
Original post by Universityofme
Yes cardio can get you there but she will look twice as good from lifting and in exactly the same time span, if not faster. Lifting builds muscle and burns calories so it's a win win.

She can do both you know...
Original post by The Socktor
She can do both you know...

No, really? :congrats:
Don't know why you would want to :s-smilie:. I think the second pic is too skinny.
Reply 13
The first girl looks way better

Quick Reply

Latest