The Student Room Group

he seems happy and I'm not...

My ex recently added me on facebook after a year or so with no contact. He seems so happy, he lives in a foreign country and he looks really good. Me on the other hand is just opposite... I feel like a turd. He was the one that broke up with me and I told him I didn't want to talk with or see him , yet it seems he is determined to gloat. What can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have no answer, I'm sorry! I'm also in a similar position to you and I'm interested in any responses! I share your pain though :frown:
that's weird that he added you

best thing is not to care and not to adjust yourself to impress him
Reply 3
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
that's weird that he added you

best thing is not to care and not to adjust yourself to impress him

I think he feels I wronged him, I don't know how cuz I really tried with him. I'm sat here at ridiculous o'clock crying and wondering why he doesn't want me.
Reply 4
Original post by Mel1215
I have no answer, I'm sorry! I'm also in a similar position to you and I'm interested in any responses! I share your pain though :frown:

I don't understand men, he didn't want to be together now he's trying to rub it in my face, I feel like he's actually a sadist..
Original post by yellowranger15
I don't understand men, he didn't want to be together now he's trying to rub it in my face, I feel like he's actually a sadist..

Maybe he hasn't had much luck or fun out there and is just trying to prove that he is "one-up" on you for some unknown reason?
Reply 6

My ex did the same to me, it's almost as if he wants to say "haha, look at me - Look at you!" He was the one who added me on two different social networking sites!

I really feel your pain, I really do! Men, eh?
You might be better off removing him from your Facebook if it's upsetting you that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by MalteseMalteser
Maybe he hasn't had much luck or fun out there and is just trying to prove that he is "one-up" on you for some unknown reason?

Come to think of it, I think I actually know why... I told him not to go because it seemed like an irrational thing because of what he had going on at the time ... But then again it still doesn't seem a good enough reason to me.
Reply 9
Original post by lyrical_lie
You might be better off removing him from your Facebook if it's upsetting you that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't stop looking at his profile, after a year of no contact I actually feel like I'm addicted to creeping on him now... All my will power is gone...
Delete.
Reply 11
My ex recently added me on facebook after a year or so with no contact. He seems so happy, he lives in a foreign country and he looks really good. Me on the other hand is just opposite... I feel like a turd. He was the one that broke up with me and I told him I didn't want to talk with or see him , yet it seems he is determined to gloat. What can I do?

Best not to judge his circumstances based off of Facebook. Facebook is just a portal to represent yourself in the way you want.. after all, you control all the information.

If he added you, he is thinking about you.

If he hasn't spoken to you there are 3 possible explanations.. 1) He feel's guilty but hasn't got the balls to admit it. 2) He wants to rub it in your face. 3) Wants to make himself feel better by comparing circumstances.

Best course of action is to find out why he added you. If he's interested in you and you with him.. maybe work something out.

If he doesn't care about fixing the relationship, don't let him know that you care. Everything that comes out of his profile (for a couple of weeks after adding you) will likely have you in mind.. so in theory you'll just be seeing the best of him.
If he knows that you care.. he knows that you will compare circumstances and automatically has one up on you.

Source.. none. ^(bias removed)could be totally bull****.. but that's my 2 cents :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Delete and block. If you're not getting back together, best not to have him occupying your headspace

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't accept the friend request?
Original post by DCFCfan4eva

Easier said than done, I really thought I was over us, but I don't know what it is...
Reply 15
Why do you want someone who feels the need to make you feel inferior? He's doing it for an ego boost. Delete him, forget him, find someone better.
Original post by DCFCfan4eva

That's excellent advice... IN THE PAST.

I wouldn't delete him - he just added you so he'll probably notice he's had an effect on you. Maybe just block him from appearing on your news feed so he's not in your face 24/7?
Original post by Orthonym
Why do you want someone who feels the need to make you feel inferior? He's doing it for an ego boost. Delete him, forget him, find someone better.

I've tried lots of times...
Reply 18
I've tried lots of times...

So just because it doesn't work, doesn't mean the logic is incorrect and you should continue pining after him. What brings you back? Memories of those amazing emotions and feelings of connection you can only get from having a partner? Well I've been there, and I can tell you that there are other wonderful people out there who can share that with you, people who have more respect for you.
Original post by Orthonym
So just because it doesn't work, doesn't mean the logic is incorrect and you should continue pining after him. What brings you back? Memories of those amazing emotions and feelings of connection you can only get from having a partner? Well I've been there, and I can tell you that there are other wonderful people out there who can share that with you, people who have more respect for you.

Thank you... I think you are absolutely right. I'm deleting him now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending