The Student Room Group

Glasgow Caledonian uni or strathclyde for psychology?

I have received unconditional offers for applied psychology and human biology with psychology and sociology at glasgow caledonian university and also a conditional for psychology at strathclyde, would anyone recommend any of these courses or be able to help me choose between them? any comments would be appreciated
First question is do you want to study psychology, applied psych or human biology with psych/sociology?

A recommendation from someone else doesn't really tell you if the course or uni is right for you - you need to decide which topics you want to study and which learning and living environment suits you best.
Spot on advice above - it isnt the Uni you study for three/four years, its the course.
Reply 3
I would recommend contacting the courses for an electronic copy of their undergraduate handbook and read the modules that they cover. As PQ and returnmigrant have said above it is important to know which university teaches the topics you are most interested in.

Furthermore you may also ask them if they are accredited by the British Psychological Society and whether or not the courses will contribute towards chartership status.

Congratulations on your offers!
Reply 4
Like the others have said, it's not so much about the University itself, it's more about the content and quality of the degree.

So for example, if you don't really know what field you want to go into, whether it be the anatomical biology side of things (Human Body) or the Social Science side of things (Sociology) or indeed the Psychology field then obviously choosing a more rounded degree like the Human Body, Sociology and Psychology will give you more room to maneuver down the line.

However, if you have your heart set of Psychology and that's what you want to do, go with Strathclyde Uni. With all respect to Caledonian, the Strathclyde Uni Psychology degree is a better degree.

It's worth noting that with the Applied Psychology degree (At Caledonian) you will have the option to take biological and sociological modules anyway, so the two degrees are extremely similar in that respect.

But, in my opinion, if you want a good Psychology degree, Strathclyde will provide you with one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by KateF91

Furthermore you may also ask them if they are accredited by the British Psychological Society and whether or not the courses will contribute towards chartership status.

You can actually check this yourself - http://www.bps.org.uk/bpslegacy/ac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending