The Student Room Group

How do I get funding?

Hey! I understand that the general rule is that all students (except medical) get a maximum of 3 years funding, + 1 extra year. Well I started my course pre-2012, I had already re-taken a year so was in my final 4th year of funding. However SLC had huge delays with new systems and I didn't get any funding until 5 months into the course, so the beginning of the 2nd semester.

I am just wondering what to do now :-|

SLC and SFE are Companies which work closely with the government. What chance does an individual have?
Hi Kangaroo25,

So we can help you, can you please confirm if the funding you received at the beginning of your 2nd semester was for the current academic year (2013/14)?

Thanks
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that the academic year was 09/10
Hi Kangaroo25,

So we can help clarify your eligibility for further funding, can you please confirm:

*How many years of student finance you have received
*If you are planning to start a new course
*If you are starting a new course, the duration of this course and the qualification you would be studying for

Thanks
Reply 4
Hi Mark. Thank you for your responses.

I have had 4 years of funding. I do not plan to start a new course. I would only need funding for 1 year assuming a University would accept me for just a final year of a 3 year bachelor's degree.

I know I have already had 4 years funding. However one year was 5 months late so I went through a full semester with no funding at all, and missed every lecture and semester, only sitting half of the exams.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending