The Student Room Group

Why does my friend make me feel like this?

Me and my kind of boyfriend are on a break and while we're apart (we're going no contact outside of college as we're on the same course and in the same friendship group so he can clear his thoughts and decide what he wants) so while we're on a break I crave attention from guys I wear low cut tshirts so that I get the attention I need, but II can't know the people giving me the attention and only one of my friends can stop me feeling this way, is it because he might have feelings for me? I'm confused, I have no romantic feelings towards him. I'm not like this when I have a boyfriend, I guess I just feel lonely and unloved.
Not sure I get what you mean...
Reply 2
I think you need to make it clearer what the problem is.

Also, you need to look at why you crave all of this attention, I really don't think it's a great thing to desire so much. It's fine to want to be attractive, but the way in which you phrase it seems quite irrational. To think that guys not paying attention to you makes you 'unloved' is a really big leap. Maybe it would be good to spend some time apart after all, so you can be happier being just with yourself, and appreciate yourself more? =/
Reply 3
Original post by polscistudent88
Not sure I get what you mean...

I crave attention from guys I don't know, I wear low cut tops so that I get the attention I need, then I have this one friend who just by talking to him can make me not need attention from the other people, do I feel like this because he might have feelings for me?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I crave attention from guys I don't know, I wear low cut tops so that I get the attention I need, then I have this one friend who just by talking to him can make me not need attention from the other people, do I feel like this because he might have feelings for me?

I would rather think you might have feelings for him.
Reply 5
I would rather think you might have feelings for him.

I love my boyfriend. I have nothing but feelings of friendship towards him, I just love the attention he gives me.
Reply 6
Original post by awe

Also, you need to look at why you crave all of this attention, I really don't think it's a great thing to desire so much. It's fine to want to be attractive, but the way in which you phrase it seems quite irrational. To think that guys not paying attention to you makes you 'unloved' is a really big leap. Maybe it would be good to spend some time apart after all, so you can be happier being just with yourself, and appreciate yourself more? =/

The problem is that I crave attention from guys I don't know, I wear low cut tops so that I get the attention I need, then I have this one friend who just by talking to him can make me not need attention from the other people, do I feel like this because he might have feelings for me?

I'm usually happy with how I am but after these breaks with my boyfriend I miss the attention I would usually get. It'll be over soon as it doesn't last long but I hate the sad feeling I get when I'm not getting attention. I get loads at home and from my friends but it doesn't fill the gap.
Original post by kayleighisonfire
The problem is that I crave attention from guys I don't know, I wear low cut tops so that I get the attention I need, then I have this one friend who just by talking to him can make me not need attention from the other people, do I feel like this because he might have feelings for me?

I'm usually happy with how I am but after these breaks with my boyfriend I miss the attention I would usually get. It'll be over soon as it doesn't last long but I hate the sad feeling I get when I'm not getting attention. I get loads at home and from my friends but it doesn't fill the gap.

If you do know your friend has feelings for you, stop being selfish and seeking his attention to satisfy your ego. If he has not, that not a huge deal (I would anyways advice you to build up your confidence, so that you stop feeling the urge to attract attention more than necessary...)
Reply 8
If you do know your friend has feelings for you, stop being selfish and seeking his attention to satisfy your ego. If he has not, that not a huge deal (I would anyways advice you to build up your confidence, so that you stop feeling the urge to attract attention more than necessary...)

He's dropped hints that he has and a couple of people have said they think he does. I hate doing it and I feel so bad for it. Thank you, I'm currently trying to work on my confidence.
Reply 9
Original post by awe

I'm single (well, bed-hopping) and I feel similarly. Not romantic attention, mind you, but when I'm entertaining or being entertained, I feel like sh!t unless I'm in the centre of the room, with people talking to me. Like I don't do the whole lovey-dovey thing... but somehow I love to hear myself talk. Most people like to hear me talk since (as my doctor, who also counts me as a friend, says) "I'm insightful, funny, and congenial"...but somehow I seem to love it most of all.
Reply 10
Not sure if this makes any difference but I was emotionally abused by my dad. Could this be another reason why I need attention?

Sorry for the all questions I just need answers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending