The Student Room Group

I am pregnant - abortion

I made a thread recently where I said I thought I was pregant. So I took a test today and it came out positive... which is just great news, not.

What do I do now? Where do I even begin getting an abortion? What even happens?? I'm so confused. I must be about 4-5 weeks pregnant now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does abortion hurt?
Reply 2
I think you should probably be speaking to a doctor about this.
Reply 3
Original post by txo
I think you should probably be speaking to a doctor about this.

I cannot go to the doctor for 6 days due to travel so I need some advice what to do, I'm just a bit nervous
Reply 4
Ok now think about this clearly. There is no point in rushing to decisions that you might regret later on.. i mean at this point in your life its obviously going to be really scary. The first thing you need to do is talk a person who knows you really well and discuss whether this is the right thing. Seeing your what you've written so far kinda makes it clear that you are looking to have an abortion. One of my friends was pregnent and had an abortion and said it was the only thing she could have done. I spoke to her about it and she said it wasn't bad as she thought it would be.. Im not sure if im being helpful but really think about it and the different scenarios like what would happen if you kept the baby (if that makes sense). Anyway good luck and im sure with enough thought you make the right decision.:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by HKS25
Ok now think about this clearly. There is no point in rushing to decisions that you might regret later on.. i mean at this point in your life its obviously going to be really scary. The first thing you need to do is talk a person who knows you really well and discuss whether this is the right thing. Seeing your what you've written so far kinda makes it clear that you are looking to have an abortion. One of my friends was pregnent and had an abortion and said it was the only thing she could have done. I spoke to her about it and she said it wasn't bad as she thought it would be.. Im not sure if im being helpful but really think about it and the different scenarios like what would happen if you kept the baby (if that makes sense). Anyway good luck and im sure with enough thought you make the right decision.:smile:

Thanks I know I am going to have an abortion I have no doubt in my mind I just don't really know what I am supposed to do next and I'm a bit nervous.

Has anyone here experienced an abortion before?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I cannot go to the doctor for 6 days due to travel so I need some advice what to do, I'm just a bit nervous

Well take some time to really think your decision through. You don't need to stress about it, if you do go through with an abortion you have until 24 weeks. I'd highly recommend talking to a trusted friend or parent, one who won't make judgements and one you're comfortable discussing these things with as I'm sure you're going through a difficult time and having some company can make it easier for you.
Reply 7
Original post by txo
Well take some time to really think your decision through. You don't need to stress about it, if you do go through with an abortion you have until 24 weeks. I'd highly recommend talking to a trusted friend or parent, one who won't make judgements and one you're comfortable discussing these things with as I'm sure you're going through a difficult time and having some company can make it easier for you.

Hi I trust my friends but I don't want to tell anyone I'm a bit embarassed by it really and I don't want everyone knowing, even my closest friends.

There's no one in my family I would tell.
Reply 8
Thanks I know I am going to have an abortion I have no doubt in my mind I just don't really know what I am supposed to do next and I'm a bit nervous.

Has anyone here experienced an abortion before?

My friend who had her abortion just went to the doctors and they sorted it out from there on. Im not sure if thats helpful. But Good Luck anyway xxx
(edited 10 years ago)
Go to a GP and they will refer you on to the maternity clinic in a hospital. You can also ask the GP about abortion and ask for a leaflet or a website to refer to.
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Sexualhealth/Pages/Abortionwhattoexpect.aspx Hopefully all your questions will be answered..
Please refer to the NHS guidelines on how to seek an abortion.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Sexualhealth/Pages/Abortionyouroptions.aspx
Reply 12
Confucius say...keep baby.

There's no one in my family I would tell.

I'm really sorry to hear that.
Reply 14
Original post by Confucius
Confucius say...keep baby.

Not very helpful. She has made her decision already.
Reply 15
I made a thread recently where I said I thought I was pregant. So I took a test today and it came out positive... which is just great news, not.

What do I do now? Where do I even begin getting an abortion? What even happens?? I'm so confused. I must be about 4-5 weeks pregnant now.

I think you should get a professional's advice. I also think what you're doing is a mistake but that's your life. You should consider this from every single angle , if your going to regret it? the fact that your killing an innocent babies life? good luck though and I hope you choose the right decision not the best one for you. Have you told the father?
Reply 16
Don't have an abortion. Don't. Take responsibility for your actions. Get your family and the baby's father and his family involved.

I repeat. Don't have an abortion.
Original post by Pride
Don't have an abortion. Don't. Take responsibility for your actions. Get your family and the baby's father and his family involved.

I repeat. Don't have an abortion.

Please, don't turn this into an abortion debate... keep on topic.
I had an abortion. Last year I fell pregnant whilst using the contraceptive pill (and yes, i was using it correctly before I'm accused of having brought the pregnancy on by my own negligence). I was 10 weeks pregnant when i had an abortion and I had the abortion pill (I was too far gone for this though really, I should have had the surgical option and with hindsight would recommend others have the surgical option where possible). Abortion does, well did for me anyway, physically hurt. But emotionally I felt nothing but relief after the abortion. Its almost a year now and I have no regrets... I'd do it again if I were to fall pregnant again. There will be a lot of blood if you have the abortion pill so stock up on night time sanitary pads and buy packs of cheap knickers from primark! Stay strong (although cry at the injustice and the betrayal you may feel your body has caused you, I did) and i'm thinking of you. You can do this and you are still a fabulous person, abortion is something 1 in 3 women will do in a lifetime so don't feel bad! xxx
Reply 19
Original post by sadi95
I think you should get a professional's advice. I also think what you're doing is a mistake but that's your life. You should consider this from every single angle , if your going to regret it? the fact that your killing an innocent babies life? good luck though and I hope you choose the right decision not the best one for you. Have you told the father?

I think you should keep your opinions on whether it's a "mistake" or not to yourself thank you very much. It's my life and it would be a mistake to keep it.

No l'm not going to tell the guy, it was a one night stand with a friend and I know I'm not going to keep it anyway so there's no point in him knowing, what good would it do.

Quick Reply

Latest