The Student Room Group

Boyfriend issues.

Ok so I have been going out with this guy for about 4and a half months now. I really like him but he doesn't seem to make much of an effort as I do, he is more into his friends than me when they are over. And he gets drunk every weekend. He is at work and I'm studying and I feel like he is just a distraction. I always have to organise to hang out usually. It's so annoying though cause everything is almost fine when I am with Him, just us... I am thinking of talking about to him soon, but my mum is telling me to just get rid of him.... What do I do??
Reply 1
dump him. Doesn't sound like a relationship tbh.. incompatible and not worth from sounds of it. Is 'almost fine' really worth it?
Reply 2
Not really... How can I get over him though cause I know I'll be upset if I broke up with him.
Reply 3
Have you actually bothered to sit down and talk to him about how you feel?
Original post by az08
Have you actually bothered to sit down and talk to him about how you feel?

bet he doesn't know about any of this lmao.
Reply 5
I tried but he slyly changed the subject... I am going to soon
Reply 6
Original post by PinkNurse
I tried but he slyly changed the subject... I am going to soon

That prolly means he isn't quite sure how he feels about you. Break it off for a while until he's sure. Don't let it be one sided. And if he can't give his all in the relationship, he prolly ain't worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk to him. If it's not working, dump him.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by PinkNurse
Ok so I have been going out with this guy for about 4and a half months now. I really like him but he doesn't seem to make much of an effort as I do, he is more into his friends than me when they are over. And he gets drunk every weekend. He is at work and I'm studying and I feel like he is just a distraction. I always have to organise to hang out usually. It's so annoying though cause everything is almost fine when I am with Him, just us... I am thinking of talking about to him soon, but my mum is telling me to just get rid of him.... What do I do??

This is exactly what is happening to me. I hate the fact that it seems like I am the one always putting the effort in for us to meet up. But then when I am with him he acts like he wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I just know I am in love with this guy and clearly my feelings are probably stronger than his so I always make the effort to see him. I couldn’t break up with him because it would hurt too much.
I don't get why people complain when they get hurt when they are literally allowing people to walk all over them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
I don't get why people complain when they get hurt when they are literally allowing people to walk all over them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you. But at times it ain't as easy as saying it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Epic use of the word literally there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk to him

See if he changes

Then get rid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending