The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HBaguette
cool necropost bro

It was in my trending feed. Honest.
Disgusting results tbh. I will wear the shortest mini skirt and no one will be able to say anything. Don’t know why showing skin means ur dressing slutty. It just means you are confident in your body:/ yikes
Reply 62
Neither. They just remind me of Mean Girls and all those chick flicks from back then. 😌
Original post by IH8Studying
Disgusting results tbh. I will wear the shortest mini skirt and no one will be able to say anything. Don’t know why showing skin means ur dressing slutty. It just means you are confident in your body:/ yikes

What's your definition of dressing slutty. Or is it impossible to dress slutty? Just wondering. What if a girl was wearing a gimp mask for example? Or is that just her right as a woman to do so?
Original post by JustJakkob
What's your definition of dressing slutty. Or is it impossible to dress slutty? Just wondering. What if a girl was wearing a gimp mask for example? Or is that just her right as a woman to do so?

There is no such thing as dressing “slutty”. Being a slut is sleeping with a lot of men casually. There is no outfit that goes with it. Why is showing skin scaring some people? Beyond pathetic.
Original post by IH8Studying
There is no such thing as dressing “slutty”. Being a slut is sleeping with a lot of men casually. There is no outfit that goes with it. Why is showing skin scaring some people? Beyond pathetic.

Oh no? How about if she was wearing a T-shirt that said "I like to sleep with a lot of men casually". Q.E.D.
Oh no? How about if she was wearing a T-shirt that said "I like to sleep with a lot of men casually". Q.E.D.

But she isn't, is she.

What HB said...
and even if a woman wants to sleep with a lot of men casually, good for her. Her body. but this really doesn’t happen does it? Wearing something that says that
But she isn't, is she.

No, but clothes are a form of non-verbal communication with commonly accepted meanings.
For example, wearing a fireman's outfit says "I am a fireman".
Wearing a green wig and a big red nose says "I'm a children's entertainer".
A woman with pink hair says "I am a feminist."
One can't very well deny the meaning of clothes any more than one can deny the commonly held meaning of words.
No, but clothes are a form of non-verbal communication with commonly accepted meanings.
For example, wearing a fireman's outfit says "I am a fireman".
Wearing a green wig and a big red nose says "I'm a children's entertainer".
A woman with pink hair says "I am a feminist."
One can't very well deny the meaning of clothes any more than one can deny the commonly held meaning of words.

I'm not sure how having pink hair immediately means you're a feminist, but you do you, chief.
I'm not sure how having pink hair immediately means you're a feminist, but you do you, chief.

It doesn't... any more than wearing a fireman's jacket immediately makes you a fireman.
It doesn't... any more than wearing a fireman's jacket immediately makes you a fireman.

So now you're contradicitng yourself. You were saying wearing a top that says "I'm a slut" makes you a slut, and now you're saying wearing certain clothing doesn't immediately dictate who you are. Please pick a lane.
So now you're contradicitng yourself. You were saying wearing a top that says "I'm a slut" makes you a slut, and now you're saying wearing certain clothing doesn't immediately dictate who you are. Please pick a lane.

Not at all. I didn't say it makes you a anything. I'm saying it's signally something.
Wearing a fireman's outfit doesn't make you a fireman. But is the equivalent of saying "I am a fireman."
Just because someone says "I am a fireman", doesn't automatically make them a fireman.

You can wear slutty clothes without being a slut. Just like you can walk around saying "I am a slut" without actually being a slut.

Not that I care what people wear. But this is just the commonly held meanings of these clothes.
Reply 73
I agree,They look Femislutty...and sexy also
LMAO the fact that he made it a poll...

I say slutty. Lower the hem-line of their tops and skirts by a few centimeters and it's fine.

Latest