The Student Room Group

Ex feeding me breadcrumbs? What is she thinking? Should I contact her?

Hey guys a fairly long one but I’ll try to keep it as short as possible. Let me know if I haven't mentioned something important.

Me and my Ex broke up approximately 5 months ago (I was the dumpee). Since the relationship ended I have grown a lot as a person and I now have a good job and a much larger friendship group.

Until recently, the last 2 ½ months were complete no contact between us. I have started seeing another girl since then and things are going well although we are not incredibly serious.

I deleted her from all social media available to me apart from Snapchat as I forgot I had her on it and she never used it anyway (at the time). I’ve always sent occasional snaps to everyone on my list but the other week I sent one with me in it after work (To everyone) and she screenshotted it, sent me a copy and asked why she was receiving it. I figured this was just her being irritated and told her it was an accident to which she said 'Ahh thought so' and I left things at that.

Since then over the course of the last week I have noticed that she has been screenshotting every picture I post to my snapchat story that has me in it or is even distantly related to me at all. (I'm not sending her these pictures but she is still going on every day to capture them). I'm mainly just wondering why this is and what the reasons for it most likely are? It seems like fairly odd behaviour and I wonder if she is maybe having some hangups.

If I were to re-establish contact with my EX what the best way to go about it is. I’ve recently been really tempted to confront her asking why she is screenshotting pictures of me off snapchat.
I’ve also previously considered calling/texting her for a catchup but I decided to leave that as no contact was going well.

TL;DR Ex broke no contact to message about a snapchat (Seemed a bit minor to break no contact). She has recently been screenshotting all the pictures of me I have been posting. Have been speaking to a mutual friend (Closer friends with her) who has asked about the girl I’m currently seeing and mentioned my ex is still a bit sad about things. I miss her and am thinking about contacting her, Should I and if so how? Does she miss me and is that why she is screenshotting all my snaps?
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone got any advice or a perspective on this?
Step one - Delete her off snapchat. Then she can't screenshot you anymore.

You have a girlfriend and while this doesn't mean you can't talk to your ex, you do say you 'miss her'. In what way do you miss her? As a friend? If so, you have nothing to lose by contacting her. But if you miss her in a romantic way then it is very dodgy ground.
Lets see - since the relationship ended you have grown as a person and a better job and a bigger friendship group. All of a sudden you are much more attractive and whats more you have a new relationship.

It doesn't take the genius of Einstein to work out that she is regretting it but she isn't missing the old boyfriend - she is missing the new reformed one. Do you really want to be dumped again and what about your current girlfriend - does she mean nothing.

Ignoring her messages will only serve to make her want you more - she sounds almost as if she is cyber stalking you. I would message her and ask her to stop.
Thank you both for your insights. I want to add that her screenshotting me doesn't bother me it's just confusing me a tad. Since the recent text from her and the conversations with mutual friends I have realised that I do miss her on a romantic level to some extent sadly. I wish this was not the case but we were together for over 3 years and we were very close, we were even planning to move in together etc.

I understand that any romantic intent on my part is downright disrepectful to my new girlfriend but given that we are a new couple I just dont feel the same desire for her as I did for my ex yet. Also it might sound odd but we have agreed to keep things very casual for now.

Obviously if I decided to contact my ex in a romantic fashion then I will do the right thing and make sure my new girlfriend knows.

As far as my ex goes, I'm fairly intrigued at her saving my pictures and im very tempted to ask why. Also while part of me feels like reaching out beyond that would be nice will things really have changed much?

One thing though, regardless of what happens im interested in reconnecting with my ex someday. I'm guessing that for now though I would probably be best cutting all ties again and no longer speaking to certain mutual friends.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also I realise that I may sound selfish/confused but there is an imminent long distance situation arising in my new relationship which we are both unsure about.
(edited 9 years ago)
Can anyone offer me any more advice? Very hard to know what to do!
Personally I'd say keep distant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by mrconfused2013

Me and my Ex broke up approximately 5 months ago (I was the dumpee). Since the relationship ended I have grown a lot as a person and I now have a good job and a much larger friendship group.

She broke up with you.

Get angry, have some pride and a sense of self-worth and never breathe her name again, let alone start a conversation with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending