The Student Room Group

Nursing books

I've still got my Access to Health Care at Higher text books , handouts etc I've also got some degree level nursing text books as well . These are between 7 years old and 5 years old will these be ok for reference and current study. Obviously some will have updated and essential texts on book list..x
It would most likely be okay for the first year but would depend on the university its self, at my uni we were allowed to use textbooks in first year with our reference range of 5-10 years but they prefer you to use articles from journals from second year on-wards and almost totally articles in third year. Best to ask the tutors though as different unis can be looking for different things. :smile:
If you want to reference a textbook then it makes sense to use the latest edition to do so. There's nothing wrong with having some older texts, I brought something recently off the internet because it was so cheap and was just for interest rather than using in any sort of academic stuff. As xx-Samantha-xx says, later on in your course you will tend to use journal articles a lot more in assignments but I did still occasionally use textbooks when writing. Even if you have an older edition, your uni library may have the latest edition where you could check the content and get the correct reference from it.
Reply 3
Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest