The Student Room Group

Just so stuckkk in lifee

There's a tl;dr at the bottom if you want to skip it all.
--
I am just completely stuck in myy lifee, primarily my job. I should add that I dropped out of college in the second year because I didn't enjoy it nor wanted to use any of my subjects for anything so i felt best going straight into work. Come february this year I get a job working for Nationwide Building Society primarily in admin roles.

Don't get me wrong the work is manageable and i can make it through the day just but i am absolutely terrified of becoming one of those stereotypical office workers who wastes their life away in a ''dead end'' job and never experiences life itself. But despite all this.. i dont know what to do?? I've very recently picked up an interest in web development and have started learning basics of that and I've re-examined my interest in German - but the issue is when I come home from work I just can't find motivation to study these things.

Aside all thatt my friendships have pretty much ended, ive gained weight far too rapidly and i just feel like life is gonna end pretty bad for me cause i dont have motivation or a clear direction to go in. Can like anyone help me with anyyy of my post?

tl;dr stuck in dead end job; dont wanna reach 40 with a boring life; no motivation to study other things after work; friendships at 0 and no motivation to lose weight. See bold for questions.
There is hope.

There are solutions.

You could start to be grateful and happy and start to love your job. You sound like people are judging you for working there, when in fact they are probably not. Stop comparing yourself to others.

You could look into working abroad. There are many options for that.

Volunteer abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending