The Student Room Group

Lost my virginity, what do men think?

Relationships...?
(edited 7 years ago)
Why don't you want to have sex? Deal with the baggage from your previous relationship before you string someone new along. Holding sex over men will cause your relationship to fail miserably. Men cheat the only way to keep them is by occasionally putting out just enough to keep them interested.
Reply 2
Don't throw the baby away with the bath water. Seems to me you lost your virginity in a very respectable way and probably typical way. Realistically you have more than one relationship and some sexual exploration before you find a marriage partner. In answer to your question, I think most if not all guys would struggle with what you propose. You might even get a tad sexually frustrated yourself. But, do what you feel is right and good luck.
Reply 3
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I don't see why anyone would think that, it's not illegal to have sex with anyone if your not in a relationship

Go for it
At the moment, I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with a girl who didn't want sex. But that's because my sex drive has completely vanished and I'm not sure why. If/when it comes back, I definitely wouldn't want to.
Original post by Zarek
Don't throw the baby away with the bath water. Seems to me you lost your virginity in a very respectable way and probably typical way. Realistically you have more than one relationship and some sexual exploration before you find a marriage partner. In answer to your question, I think most if not all guys would struggle with what you propose. You might even get a tad sexually frustrated yourself. But, do what you feel is right and good luck.

You're right! Thanks for your response.
You did nothing wrong and the regret you feel doesn't seem that logical to me? Maybe you should consider some more why you feel that way. Vowing to not have sex until marriage is likely to be way more off-putting to guys than having had sex before in a committed relationship with someone you cared about...that's how most people lose it.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymousmouse
I lost my virginity to my boyfriend during my second year of uni.(he is the only man I have ever slept with). I was in love with him and we were together for over a year until he broke up with me when we went to study abroad. He was my second boyfriend. My first relationship was in college and was really short lived. But anyways, I'm not a virgin anymore and I regret it because I don't think my ex really cared that much about me in the end. So since I'm not a virgin, would guys just think of me as a slut? I don't want to have sex again until I'm married..I just don't want to sleep with a guy again and get heartbroken, you know. Guys, would you be in a relationship with a girl that didn't want to have sex?

if you will not give to someone your with and is serious with then don't be surprised if the leaves you.
It doesn't make you a slut tbh, it's not that much

but I will say, if a girl had engaged in serious sluttery at any point in her life, I would totally rule her out, no matter what. I wouldn't insult her, just never bother to get close etc.
Original post by whisper2012
You did nothing wrong and the regret you feel doesn't seem that logical to me? Maybe you should consider some more why you feel that way. Vowing to not have sex until marriage is likely to be way more off-putting to guys than having had sex before in a committed relationship with someone you cared about...that's how most people lose it.

I had not thought about it like that before, it makes a lot of sense, thanks for putting it into perspective for me!
Reply 11
wouldn't think badly of you for having lost your virginity, but I would be hesitant to get in a relationship with a girl who doesn't want sex.
I lost my virginity to my boyfriend during my second year of uni.(he is the only man I have ever slept with). I was in love with him and we were together for over a year until he broke up with me when we went to study abroad. He was my second boyfriend. My first relationship was in college and was really short lived. But anyways, I'm not a virgin anymore and I regret it because I don't think my ex really cared that much about me in the end. So since I'm not a virgin, would guys just think of me as a slut? I don't want to have sex again until I'm married..I just don't want to sleep with a guy again and get heartbroken, you know. Guys, would you be in a relationship with a girl that didn't want to have sex?

I don't think you're a slut and I'm a guy. Do what makes you happy. If you want to put off sex until marriage then do so. If, however, you want to have sex before marriage like you did with your second boyfriend then do so and don't care so much about what other people think. It is none of their business how many people you have slept with! :smile:
Reply 13

Just cos you're married, doesn't mean you can't get heartbroken. Just live life.

Be free little butterfly.
Original post by jay2013
I don't think you're a slut and I'm a guy. Do what makes you happy. If you want to put off sex until marriage then do so. If, however, you want to have sex before marriage like you did with your second boyfriend then do so and don't care so much about what other people think. It is none of their business how many people you have slept with! :smile:

That's helpful :smile: Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending