The Student Room Group

Want to take a gap year, do I have to retake my A levels, am I a failure?

Hey guys, recently i decided that i want to drop out of university cus I really dont enjoy the course I am doing, which is pharmacy at medway school of pharmacy....well i think i have no other choice to drop out cus i failed three out of four exams, and i really dont think that i can pass the resits in august.

My story is that I always wanted to do zoology or computer science something related with animals or gaming/software/maths, but after much emotional, heavily mentally daunting fights with both my parents, despite my sisters support, in the end, i entered pharmacy at medway school of pharmacy. As soon as i began my course, i never once enjoyed it, really. I hated every topic we learnt in it.
Anyway, i failed my exams, and i wish to reapply to enter uni in 2015. I managed to achieve 3 B's in A level, mathematics, biology and chemistry. My parents think I'm already a failure, they've given up on me, they say that my A levels are **** and so they think that I have no chance in re-applying, is that true? Give me your honest opinion guys. Is three B's good enough for re-applying or not?
BBB is the minimum you need for good unis..

This is strange, if you've always wanted to zoology or computer science why did you do pharmacy instead and listen to your parents? it's your life why couldn't you just do what you wanted to do?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
BBB is the minimum you need for good unis..

This is strange, if you've always wanted to zoology or computer science why did you do pharmacy instead and listen to your parents? it's your life why couldn't you just do what you wanted to do?

Because my parents are like that, they are also asian as well, korean, they literally FORCED ME TO DO IT, i know its hard to understand, but really, i didnt have much choice.
Everyone tells me to do what i want to do, but my parents are so......I dunno.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending