The Student Room Group

Conditional offer condition is to get a qualification that I already have?

For some reason the Uni I applied to stated that I would need to get a C at GCSE Maths. The problem is that I already have achieved a C at GCSE maths, so I'm confused as to why they even put that down. Could this be a clerical error? should I be worried about this?

Just to clarify, these are the exact conditions they asked for (I have met them all) -

This offer is subject to you obtaining Successful completion of BTEC Extended Diploma (18 units) with 10 Distinctions and 8 Merits overall and General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) Grade C - Mathematics

Don't worry about it, it'll just be part of their standard offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IrishGuy_94
For some reason the Uni I applied to stated that I would need to get a C at GCSE Maths. The problem is that I already have achieved a C at GCSE maths, so I'm confused as to why they even put that down. Could this be a clerical error? should I be worried about this?

Just to clarify, these are the exact conditions they asked for (I have met them all) -

This offer is subject to you obtaining Successful completion of BTEC Extended Diploma (18 units) with 10 Distinctions and 8 Merits overall and General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) Grade C - Mathematics

If you already have that C no need to panic. A simple email to them to say you already do should suffice.
You should definitely not be worried about this! Just out of curiosity what university did you apply to?
Reply 4
Original post by JanitaTwain
You should definitely not be worried about this! Just out of curiosity what university did you apply to?

I applied to Queen's university Belfast. I applied to a few other ones too, but I'm set on going to Queen's. I've seen people saying that they got their place confirmed on here so I'm getting worried about it. It's probably nothing but I can't help but worry about it.
Original post by IrishGuy_94
I applied to Queen's university Belfast. I applied to a few other ones too, but I'm set on going to Queen's. I've seen people saying that they got their place confirmed on here so I'm getting worried about it. It's probably nothing but I can't help but worry about it.

As a fellow worry-guts I empathize with you.
It's a clerical error. Send them an email to let them know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending