The Student Room Group

Can you live off a part-time job on your own?

I haven't seen a relevant thread, but please let me know if I should ask this questions somewhere else.

Anyway, here is my situation guys and I really need your advice.
I am a EU student, First Year at Uni of Sheffield from September 2014.
I can't count on financial support from my family since we are poor, I live only with one of my parents who is unemployed etc etc.
So do you think a part-time job will be enough to cover my living costs (they will be as low as possible since I'm used to having a tough life but I still need food and accomodation)? Will I even be able to get a part-time job? Iit says all over the forum that everyone has difficulties with this.

I'm wondering if anyone has been where I am now and if you can give me any advice.

And those who have or had a part time job during uni: how many hours did you guys manage to work per week, was it difficult to adjust your working hours to your course timetable?
Reply 1
It might be possible

Lets assume you get a part-time job working 20 hours a week, and earning £150 a week which is a bit optimistic

I'm guessing that accommodation would cost around £100 a week including bills, so that leaves roughly £50 for food and daily expenses which is enough for a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending