The Student Room Group

BTEC through distance learning, possible?

Hey I would really appreciate advice on this, I'm hoping to take Undergraduate Courses -BTEC HND in Computing & Systems Development. I would be doing it through distance learning, issue is I have always thought BTEC were hands on courses and that any distance studying would be out the question for the majority of BTECs.. take alook at the organisation offering it here

http://www.whitechapelcollege.com/BTEC%20HND%20in%20Computing.html

what yah think? think its do able in regards to completeing it through distance learning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I was sick for 9 months and missed a lot of college time with the BTEC, so I just did all of the work from home for my 2nd year of study in the National Diploma.

It's safe to say I could have done this all from home anyway, if I had any questions, my tutors were generally quite responsive so I could understand what I needed to from them, sometimes it's a bit challenging not being able to directly show them your work in realtime, but if distance learning is what you want then that is a sacrifice presumably worth making for it.

BTEC National Diploma wasn't very hands on tbh - we only had one physical unit over 2 years of study. Judging by what I read on that page, your hardest units via distance learning would be the programming units and computer systems which usually involves inspecting computer components.
Original post by mynameisntdoug
I was sick for 9 months and missed a lot of college time with the BTEC, so I just did all of the work from home for my 2nd year of study in the National Diploma.

It's safe to say I could have done this all from home anyway, if I had any questions, my tutors were generally quite responsive so I could understand what I needed to from them, sometimes it's a bit challenging not being able to directly show them your work in realtime, but if distance learning is what you want then that is a sacrifice presumably worth making for it.

BTEC National Diploma wasn't very hands on tbh - we only had one physical unit over 2 years of study. Judging by what I read on that page, your hardest units via distance learning would be the programming units and computer systems which usually involves inspecting computer components.

What btec national did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waka Flocka
What btec national did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

IT....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending