The Student Room Group

Applying with BBC for Economics

I had a conditional offer for York ABB for Economics.

I failed to achieve it and I got BBC so York rejected me.
However York asks for BBB in clearing so do you think I have a chance
for York if I phone them tomorrow or in a few days?

Should I call them every day to ask in case they lower the required grades
if there are still vacant places?

Regards,

NeoXx
Original post by NeoXx
I had a conditional offer for York ABB for Economics.

I failed to achieve it and I got BBC so York rejected me.
However York asks for BBB in clearing so do you think I have a chance
for York if I phone them tomorrow or in a few days?

Should I call them every day to ask in case they lower the required grades
if there are still vacant places?

Regards,

NeoXx

Hi,

Unfortunately, if they have already rejected you it means that they don't want you - in the harshest of terms. The reason universities get the results early is so that they can consider the students and decide whether they want to accept them even if they have missed their offer. It looks like York may well have accepted the people from your course who missed their offer by one grade but decided that two grades was too much - they'd rather go into clearing than take these people. Universities spend a lot of time working out their numbers and at the end of the day it is less of a gamble to take someone who missed their offer rather than take someone from clearing as the person who originally had the offer will clearly be more interested/engaged in the uni so is more likely to come, stay for the duration and do well. However, on this occasion, they have decided that it's not meant to be and they don't want to take you. I know it's hard but you need to start looking for other places in clearing or be considering your insurance if York was your firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending