The Student Room Group

Calling all friendly women.

If you are someone who is on the look out for a partner, but you have very low standards for yourself it can mean you are open to potentially creating a relationship with anyone of the opposite sex.

I have never had a proper relationship and I am someone who is quite the opposite of materialistic or shallow person. It is almost like if any nice woman was to ask me out I would just say yes and potentially get into a relationship with them if they were interested... That might sound really strange to some, but I bet there are guys that really would do the same on here too.

It can make you seem desperate, but in reality, I am just completelly unjudgemental and not shallow in the very slightest... so much so I think that I would be willing to try something like that if we mutually got on ok.

Sometimes I think being such a laid back person with such low standards is almost a bad thing in some regards because there is the potential to be taken advantage of. The thing is though that women very rarely seem to ask guys out anyway, so I would be the one picking who I would like to date.

What do you think about that?
Reply 1
You have never had a relationship before but you are open to dating any one from the opposite sex in that case I wish you good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
There's obviously a reason for why you've never been in a previous relationship. Unlike the above poster I think it's refreshing to see someone who is willing to overlook flaws in favour of being in a loving relationship. Most boys and to some extent girls punch above their weights and end up being bitter and alone. Good for you for doing something about your relationship issues.

I hope you find someone.
Reply 3
I was in one for a few months when I was a teenager but it wasn't a long term relationship, that was a very long time ago now. I was the one to break up and the reason was due to actually being a little bit scared off by it become something serious... Silly I know but hey that's well in the past now.

The real reason why I have never been in a "proper" relationship though? (long term relationship)

For years I had really bad social anxiety to the point I was practically mute most of the time and so any girl trying to converse with me or create some kind of friendly relationship with me failed miserably. lol... No joke.
Now I am totally over that and have a lot of confidence so that simply is not an issue anymore fortunately.

Thank you for wishing me luck guys. :smile:
Original post by Armin.
There's obviously a reason for why you've never been in a previous relationship. Unlike the above poster I think it's refreshing to see someone who is willing to overlook flaws in favour of being in a loving relationship. Most boys and to some extent girls punch above their weights and end up being bitter and alone. Good for you for doing something about your relationship issues.

I hope you find someone.

:confused: Most ? Just what.

Don't be bitter because some guy has overlooked you :smile:
Reply 5
be more picky other wise you could be taken advantage of
Reply 6
Original post by tinshed
be more picky other wise you could be taken advantage of

Yeah but really that could happen to anyone when in a relationship anyway. Generally though I wouldn't go for someone who I didn't think was actually a nice person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending