The Student Room Group

Need some solid advice

Looking for some good advice from the community, just a rough outline of my journey through A levels, went to london from bradford due to family issues, started bio and chem (ocr and aqa respectively), and business(BTEC) pretty much 2/3 months down the line my mum and 2 sisters were thrown out the house by my dad, they went to a hostel for domestically abused women, I had to live with an aunt as I was overaged to live there, anyways you can picture what happened to my results, came out with straight Cs.
Came up north and finished A levels, didnt do so good came out with D's for bio and chem(chemistry board changed to OCR), and a double Merit for business. Always wanted to do pharmacy never considered anything else nor will I, retook the exams this year while working, unit 4 bio went from E>C, unit 5 chem went from E>A as I received my results on results day this year, pretty much calculated my results by adding the UMS and got Cs overall. Contacted the college I sat it at as to why I hadn't received a full A level result they said something about cashing in ect, so yeah they agreed to cash in my results, so all was good so far. Rang a uni got a place for pharmacy told them it would take a week to cash in my results, they said fine. (Offer being based on 2 C grades)
A week later I only received a bio result, not chem though rang them up they told me that I didn't tell them I sat AS with a different board (I understand but in my defense the year before asked before hand, I totally forgot this time around and the college didn't really ask did they and if they decided to cash in before me asking I would have found out a week earlier). As you can probably guess, UCAS was updated to grades DC, so uni rejected my place, I rang them explained the situation to the Head of Pharmacy, she said theres not much she can do about it, my word wasn't enough which is pretty true. Anyways just need some advice on what to do cause I'm still sitting on my backside waiting for that result, 1w 3days have passed and I've got nothing. The uni I wanted to go to has removed their name from clearing so as you can guess, I'm not upset, I'm pretty pissed lol but yeah anyone got some good advice to give me apart from doing another course or give me some glimmer of hope. Can I still get in this year (bearing in mind I want to stay up north, worse comes can they just offer me a place for next year?, thanks any other options would be welcomed.
Thanks alot
Reply 1
Yeah you can apply next year but try to figure out how to get CC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending