The Student Room Group

Girls if your boyfriend asks you how many sexual partners you have had

would you tell him the truth or lie?
be honest

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would be honest, I've only ever been with him anyway. I would still be honest if I had been with a few before him too. As long as you don't have any STIs and aren't going to go back to any of your exes while you are in a new relationship, I don't think it really matters how many people you have slept with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I normally lie, not because the number is too high, but I just simply can't remember. I haven't slept with that many people, but i'm 21... and I've been 'active' since I was 16. Who actually counts since they were 16? Or am I alone?
Reply 3
It depends how many boys you have slept with?? Were they ONS? Online dating? Or few long term partners?

In general there is a positive correlation between number of boys slept with and lying. Higher the number of boys higher chances of lies.
Reply 4
I don't know the *exact* number... But the number that I think it is, I'm honest about. I honestly don't see the point in lying about that sort of thing. Well... I can't see the point in lying about anything. :tongue:
only insecure pussies worry about how many boyfriends their girlfriends had, or even slept with for that matter

unless the number is like 56 and she's 21
Sort of off-topic but would guys mind it if I ask to get them tested for STI's etc...I honestly would not mind because I would care more about getting an STI than getting embarrassed and besides, many don't know what they have until they are tested.
Reply 7
Original post by AlexKay99
Sort of off-topic but would guys mind it if I ask to get them tested for STI's etc...I honestly would not mind because I would care more about getting an STI than getting embarrassed and besides, many don't know what they have until they are tested.

I've asked a guy to get tested before. He didn't take any offence, he knew I was just trying to be safe.
Original post by i-love-coffee
I normally lie, not because the number is too high, but I just simply can't remember. I haven't slept with that many people, but i'm 21... and I've been 'active' since I was 16. Who actually counts since they were 16? Or am I alone?

It baffles me that you wouldn't be able to remember all the people you've slept with. I really hope that doesn't sound like I'm judging you, I'm really not, but it's kind of like if I ask how many cousins you have or something, isn't it possible to just work through it in your head?
If a girl says over 0 it's end game.
I wouldn't lie I'd tell the truth.
I don't tend to go out with people who care...
Original post by Wahrheit
It baffles me that you wouldn't be able to remember all the people you've slept with. I really hope that doesn't sound like I'm judging you, I'm really not, but it's kind of like if I ask how many cousins you have or something, isn't it possible to just work through it in your head?

No it's fine. I don't know, I feel like there's so many things thats happened since I'm 16, the amount of people I've slept with is really insignificant. I don't see it as something as important or substantial as knowing numbers of cousins etc. Perhaps I just have a different attitude towards it? I mean, I probably could remember, but it's not of the top of my head. I'd have to take some time and think, and by doing that, you just look like you are making it up or trying to skip out people... so normally I just estimate.
I've told him an estimate, I'm not sure of the exact number (it's not loads, I've just never actually sat down and counted, and a couple are grey areas). His is way more than mine anyway so if he had a problem he'd be a hypocrite!
I don't know anyone that would ask, but I would tell the truth. It's not shameful at all.
Tell the truth.
Reply 16
I'd tell him the truth. I've never slept with anyone anyway so I have nothing to hide.
Original post by i-love-coffee
No it's fine. I don't know, I feel like there's so many things thats happened since I'm 16, the amount of people I've slept with is really insignificant. I don't see it as something as important or substantial as knowing numbers of cousins etc. Perhaps I just have a different attitude towards it? I mean, I probably could remember, but it's not of the top of my head. I'd have to take some time and think, and by doing that, you just look like you are making it up or trying to skip out people... so normally I just estimate.

Ah ok that's fair enough. I kind of get what you mean in the sense that when somebody asks someone else how many people they've slept with and within a heartbeat they've said like "27" or something it kind of seems like they're using it as some sort of badge on honour, and they answer so fast because they spend THAT much time thinking about their own escapades
Original post by Ndella
I'd tell him the truth. I've never slept with anyone anyway so I have nothing to hide.

There's nothing to hide regardless! It isn't something to be ashamed about...
Is this something people ask these days?

What on earth could be the reason for even wanting to know such useless information?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending