The Student Room Group

Do you girls go for younger guys?

In today's society it's completely normal for say a 19 year old female to be dating a guy who's say 4 or 5 years older than him. But what if it was the other way around. How often does it actually happen?

Would you girls ever go for younger guys. If yes, how much of a gap is the absolute maximum, and if no, then why not?

Spoiler

Edit : this is mainly aimed at Uni students/ people 19/20+
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think girls would mind. But personally I have a strong preference for [slightly] older men. 2-3 years older is ideal for me.
No because the ones I know are quite immature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jenigma
No because the ones I know are quite immature

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't you quite young?
Original post by AR_95
In today's society it's completely normal for say a 19 year old female to be dating a guy who's say 4 or 5 years older than him. But what if it was the other way around. How often does it actually happen?

Would you girls ever go for younger guys. If yes, how much of a gap is the absolute maximum, and if no, then why not?

It would depend on the person, and how much younger they were. I wouldn't completely rule out the idea of dating someone younger.

I would prefer it if they were slightly older than me though
(edited 9 years ago)
well my last gf was 4/5 years older. We thought we were both around the same age though when we first started flirting with each other.
Reply 6
Original post by bumblebee342
It would depend on the person, and how much younger they were. I wouldn't rule the idea of dating someone younger out completely.

I would prefer it if they were slightly older than me though

So how much younger would be "ok" based on the fact that you liked the person and didn't think he was too immature for you?
Reply 7
Original post by ChickenMadness
well my last gf was 4/5 years older. We thought we were both around the same age though when we first started flirting with each other.

Mind if I ask at what age you both started and how long it lasted?
Original post by AR_95
So how much younger would be "ok" based on the fact that you liked the person and didn't think he was too immature for you?

Well I'm nearly 20, so only a year or two younger
So long as you seem mature, it's unlikely to be an issue
Original post by AR_95
Mind if I ask at what age you both started and how long it lasted?

I was 18. and she was 23. Lasted about 5 months. It wasn't that serious.

Original post by AR_95

I doubt it's going to make much difference if they actually like you. They'd probably be thinking 'damn this will be awks when people find out' and thats it.
Not really.
I know a couple of 18yos now through politics stuff and I just find it a little strange when they hit on me. Could never make that kinda thing serious :tongue:
The fact that she laughed, probably means that she's not going to bother with you.
I personally would only go for a younger guy, if he was 1 year younger
Reply 13
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
The fact that she laughed, probably means that she's not going to bother with you.
I personally would only go for a younger guy, if he was 1 year younger

She wasn't really laughing "at" me though we were just both surprised lol
Original post by Inazuma
Not really.
I know a couple of 18yos now through politics stuff and I just find it a little strange when they hit on me. Could never make that kinda thing serious :tongue:

even though you're pretty much the same age? lol. Says 19 on your profile.
Reply 15

Yeah I find it odd when 19 year old girls reject boys cause they're 18 though the original question was more tailored for gaps of around 2-4 years
I'm 18 and with a 28 year old.
Original post by AR_95
Yeah I find it odd when 19 year old girls reject boys cause they're 18 though the original question was more tailored for gaps of around 2-4 years

ye they could have been in the same year group at school

Original post by Quit by Daring
I'm 18 and with a 28 year old.

dayum. is she hot?

Indeed. but an academic year below is a lot. Especially when considering males.
Reply 19
Original post by Inazuma
Indeed. but an academic year below is a lot. Especially when considering males.

Sorry to inform, but our maturity curve is rather shallow and tails off at about a mental age of 16 :p: Perhaps when I'm 70 I'll be as mature as a 21yo girl :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest