The Student Room Group

Something wrong?

Ok im about to go into my 2nd year and still no word from student finance or expected loan payments on my account.

when i first applied i did it late and received my loans on October, I have already re-enroled for my course about 3 weeks ago, do i have to wait for my university to tell SF that im coming back or something
Have you reapplied to student finance for your second year funding?
Reply 2
nope, i was expecting some sort of letter from SF but nothing I logined into my SF account and no newws
Original post by MrMmmm
nope, i was expecting some sort of letter from SF but nothing I logined into my SF account and no newws

Well I think you have to actually reapply every year - its not automatically renewed.
You have to apply for funding each year.
That's strange. Why do you have to re enrol for your course going into your second year. Are you doing an undergraduate degree ? I don't think we had to do that anyway. Anyway maybe you need to contact your department to ask them what to do regarding this, or a coursemate
Original post by sunnydespair
That's strange. Why do you have to re enrol for your course going into your second year. Are you doing an undergraduate degree ? I don't think we had to do that anyway. Anyway maybe you need to contact your department to ask them what to do regarding this, or a coursemate

You definitley need to reapply ever year.
Reply 7
Original post by sunnydespair

You have to enrol on campus at the start of every academic year. This ensures that you are actually physically present at least at the beginning of the year, and you haven't just applied to get the Student Finance money.

SF will only release your funds after the uni has confirmed your attendance for enrolment.

But before any of that happens, you have to apply for Student Finance every academic year.
Reply 8
yep just found out, and applied again online guess it my fault for not knowing lol thanks for help/reminder guys
Were you not sent any reminders or anything about student finance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending