The Student Room Group

Girls, have you ever asked a guy out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know a girl who gets drunk once or twice a month and asks me out, rejecting her now is like a routine. Always feel so awkward about it though.

I agree that I don't know many people who ask people to be their bf/gf though it just happens most of the time. I ask a girl if they want to go hang out and just see what happens.
Original post by cole-slaw
Presumably this question is aimed at any 14 year olds on tsr, because no-one over that age "asks people out". They just get on with it.

"will you be my girlfriend? / will you go out with me? / would you like to go on a date?" said no adult ever.

What's wrong with "let's grab a drink at mine/xyz", "let's watch a movie at mine", "i'm going to a party next week, you should tag along" etc?
Original post by swiftylol
What's wrong with "let's grab a drink at mine/xyz", "let's watch a movie at mine", "i'm going to a party next week, you should tag along" etc?

oh nothing. But that is not "asking someone out", you're not at any point saying anything about being boyfriend and girlfriend, you're just two people hanging out and creating a window of opportunity for sex to happen.
Reply 23
I asked a guy out for coffee on fb about 3 years ago. This year we are now engaged. I think asking him out worked well :biggrin:
Original post by kopi, ffs
Several times... Always rejected.

:nothing: It's a strengthening experience...

You get used to it. Kind of. Not really :cry:

You do get better at not caring about the consequences of asking though :tongue:
I was going to a few weeks ago but I asked my friend about it and he told the guy as they're friends and he said he'll think about things. It then turned out he didn't like me in that way so I never asked him out.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You get used to it. Kind of. Not really :cry:

You do get better at not caring about the consequences of asking though :tongue:

For sure - well akshally, by the time I was old/experienced enough to not care about the consequences, "asking people out" didn't really happen so much as "stuff swinging together" as someone said above. That said, I didn't stop asking people out at 14. More like 20. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending