The Student Room Group

I Know This Is Getting Boring But Please Check This Very Last Essay...

eh...what can i say...
check it, please if you may...
thx in advance

My two ways of self-studying.

Although, cramming shortly before an examination seems to be time-saving, systematic self-studying is much more effective due to the knowledge duration in one’s memory, most advantageous stress level, and the most convenient time for preparation.
To begin with, I have observed that cramming just before a test makes the knowledge last shorter, while tiring but systematic self-studying causes longer duration of the studied facts. According to the scientists, data which is regularly revised and studied for a longer period of time is better remembered even years after the education has finished. Cramming, on the contrary, gives poorer effects, as the knowledge gained this way is remembered only for one week maximum.
Moreover, studying shortly before an examination is much more stressful in comparison to regular learning. From my own experience, I can say that stress, to some point, is a good helper as it motivates me. However, when the stress factor is too high, which happens when there is not much time left i.e. when I have to cram facts quickly, I cannot learn at all as I feel blocked.
Furthermore, cramming shortly before an examination, from its definition, does not give much time for preparation, in contrast to systematic self-studying. A good example of the systematic self-studying is my brother who is a model to follow for me. He studies medicine; therefore, cramming in his case is not an option. He learns everyday after school. And, although, he is busy all the time and it would be easier to find him in the library rather than at home he is always relaxed and well-prepared for every test. Furthermore, due to his regular effort he is still able to remember most of the facts he had learnt on his first year.
Summing up, I learn because I want to be somebody, thus I have to make my learning fruitful and long-lasting. Although, cramming before an important examination is a commonly known technique of self-studying among many students, only systematic self-studying gives the right effect, as it makes the knowledge last longer in one’s memory, the stress level is optimal and there is more time to study.
Reply 1
My two ways of self-studying.

Although, cramming shortly before an examination seems to be time-saving, systematic self education throughout the school year is much more effective due to the long term knowledge base in one’s memory, more advantageous to the stress levels, and the most efficient (?) time for preparation.
To begin with, I have observed that cramming just before a test makes the short term memory last shorter, while tiring but systematic self-studying during the school year causes a longer retention of the studied facts. According to the scientists, data which is regularly revised and studied for a longer period of time is better remembered even years after the education has finished. Cramming, on the contrary, gives poorer effects, as the knowledge gained this way is remembered only for one week maximum.
Moreover, studying shortly before an examination is much more stressful in comparison to regular learning. From my own experience, I can say that stress, to some point, is a good helper as it motivates me. However, when the stress factor is too high, which happens when there is not much time left i.e. when I have to cram facts quickly, I cannot learn at all as I feel blocked.
Furthermore, cramming shortly before an examination, from its definition, does not give much time for preparation, in contrast to systematic self-studying, a good example of the systematic self-learning model is my brother who is an ideal role model to follow for me. He studies medicine; therefore, cramming in his case is not an option. He learns everyday after he comes back from school. And, although, he is busy all the time and it would be easier to find him in the library rather than at home he is always relaxed and well-prepared for every test. Furthermore, due to his regular effort he is still able to remember most of the facts he had learnt during his first year.
To summarize, I learn because I want to be a somebody, thus I have to make my learning fruitful and long-lasting. Although, cramming before an important examination is a commonly known technique of self-studying among many students, only systematic self-studying can give the right effect, as it makes the knowledge last longer in one’s memory, the stress level is optimal and there is more time to study.

[Note that corrections are only to the general overall grammer/spellings, not the general overall structure of the piece. It is very good however]

Latest

Trending

Trending