The Student Room Group

Can boys and girls just be friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbiemac
Well if not, he deserves an Oscar.

If your both best friends and he actually has hidden feelings for you. He won't potentially ruin that friendship by admitting that he likes you? If he confessed and you declined do you really think you could continue been best friends? So there's a chance he's hiding the feelings and keeping you as a friend, rather than nothing at all.

Although it's highly likely this isn't the case. But there's always a chance that he does.
Well if not, he deserves an Oscar.

Acting that you only want to be friends isn't really as hard as you make it out to be.
Reply 22
Yes....and...No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by David B
If your both best friends and he actually has hidden feelings for you. He won't potentially ruin that friendship by admitting that he likes you? If he confessed and you declined do you really think you could continue been best friends? So there's a chance he's hiding the feelings and keeping you as a friend, rather than nothing at all.

Although it's highly likely this isn't the case. But there's always a chance that he does.

I guess there is a chance, but it's so small it's not even worth thinking about :tongue:

Original post by Strom
Acting that you only want to be friends isn't really as hard as you make it out to be.

I know, I'm just saying he does it very well.. if he's even doing it, that is, which I highly doubt
I guess there is a chance, but it's so small it's not even worth thinking about :tongue:

I know, I'm just saying he does it very well.. if he's even doing it, that is, which I highly doubt

Out of curiosity. If he admitted that he had feelings for you, what would your response be? How would you handle it? What would you say? Could you still be friends?
Original post by David B
Out of curiosity. If he admitted that he had feelings for you, what would your response be? How would you handle it? What would you say? Could you still be friends?

I'd probably laugh, say 'don't be such an idiot' and then forget about it.. It's genuinely just inconceivable for me
We had this question a few days ago. The answer is yes. The majority of my friends are male and I have to say that I don't like any of them in that way.
Reply 27
No

Only girls in denial and snakey males that are annoyed they got parred will say that.

(This is of course considering the girl in question is good looking. If the male dosent find her attractive then he will just be an acquaintance because he has nothing to gain.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Depends on the person.
Some men can but i think its extremely unhealthy for the males that do this.
Me personally I dont do women as friends.
Theres no benefit.
Cant advise me anything and believe when a fight breaks out they will not be throwing that mike tyson left hook right hook combo.
ANON because female friends may see...

Yes, though it's rare.

I have a female friend who's always the first I go to for advice and vice versa and she is genuinely hot. I wouldn't sleep with her because I'm just not attracted to her. She's fun to be around but just not my type, and she never felt massively attracted to me either. I'd do just about anything to make her happy and have been a shoulder to cry on plenty times but I would never get involved in anything more with her.

I currently have or have had plenty other female friends in the past and the truth is they are/were all either ugly or I would've ****ed the **** out of them given the chance...
Yes
Yes they can.
Reply 32
This question is so interesting, some will see the other as like a sibling, and some boys and girls become best friends, now you always hear that it is best to marry your best friend right? (boy and girl) and it makes sense, if you know them well and enjoy their company, what else is there ? haha :biggrin:
Yes they can I have many but they're mainly from earlier years and I have known em for years so they're like family ayayayayayay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending