The Student Room Group

need advises ASAP

Hello everyone!
I'm currently an undergrad student at the University of Toronto. I'm studying International relations. okay, here's the problem. LIFE IS TOO EXPENSIVE HERE. My parents can afford to keep me here but I feel extremely guilty. I was thinking about applying to universities in the UK ( which is going to be far less expensive). The thing is, my parents won't let me transfer in a university that has not an international reputation as strong as the one I am currently involved.

Therefore, I want to apply to: LSE, Durkham, Warwick and King's college. My grades are pretty good (in the 80s) and I have a strong reference letter.
Do I have any chances to get into any of these school?
Are there any suggestion about a possible 5th choice (for International relations or politics) ?

Thanks for the support guys!
Original post by tcim
Hello everyone!
I'm currently an undergrad student at the University of Toronto. I'm studying International relations. okay, here's the problem. LIFE IS TOO EXPENSIVE HERE. My parents can afford to keep me here but I feel extremely guilty. I was thinking about applying to universities in the UK ( which is going to be far less expensive). The thing is, my parents won't let me transfer in a university that has not an international reputation as strong as the one I am currently involved.

Therefore, I want to apply to: LSE, Durkham, Warwick and King's college. My grades are pretty good (in the 80s) and I have a strong reference letter.
Are there any suggestion about a possible 5th choice (for International relations or politics) ?

all the unis you are applying for are very competitive and difficult to get into. whether you will get in I honestly don't know. as far as good international reputations you could look at Bristol. Others worth looking at in the top 200 worldwide include Bath Exeter Cardiff and Lancaster
Original post by tcim
Hello everyone!

Just a side note. You can't transfer from a foreign university. Very rarely you could receive an offer for second year entry, but it's pretty unusual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending