The Student Room Group

HELP: weight loss routine along with nutrition plan

It's that time when I must get back to the gym, here's a little 'fact sheet' I'm 6ft 2, almost 3 and weigh 17 stone 8, I have a 25.8 percent body fat ( probably slightly higher after Christmas), I have a natural big broad build. I had a nutrition plan with a guy at the gym but I haven't seen him for a while and the nutrition plan was. To help me bulk, however I don't want that anymore, I just wanted to know what you guys do, I was taking protein shakes before and had a high natural protein intake however at the same time, I was somewhat addicted to energy drinks, drinking sometimes three a day, back to the topic, just wondering if any of you TSRians can help, ideally I want to drop a clothing size and fit it nicely, go to maybe 15 and a half stone, I think any less and it would look odd, I was wondering what a good exercise routine would be, also what do you guys have for food, obviously I need to have what is correct for me, but just for a guideline, I was using Herbalife, a protein source in the morning (yoghurt) and a breakfast Herbalife shake, then come around 11 it was an apple or some sort of fruit, however then at lunch around 1 I had no food planned and would simply go to the shop for a sandwich drink etc, then to the gym, have a protein shake, then around 5-6 I would have a meal( chicken(or other meat), steamed vegetables and various other things, however i between I would snack, but I was never snacking on the right things, anyone know any good snacks? That's what I was thinking, is that to much or too little? And for my exercise plan I have nothing at all, so if you guys could help me make one I would be overly appreciative, again possibly, upper body weights one day, one day lower body and then 3 days a week cardio exercises, I have access to a gym but possibly not five times a week, if you want to know what I can lift etc just let me know; so again this I more for weight loss, around the bum and hip area and stomach mainly, thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Intake more and more fiber foods, because it is having ability to eliminate body toxins and unwanted fat from the body.
Reply 2
Original post by Richpeasant
It's that time when I must get back to the gym, here's a little 'fact sheet' I'm 6ft 2, almost 3 and weigh 17 stone 8, I have a 25.8 percent body fat ( probably slightly higher after Christmas), I have a natural big broad build. I had a nutrition plan with a guy at the gym but I haven't seen him for a while and the nutrition plan was. To help me bulk, however I don't want that anymore, I just wanted to know what you guys do, I was taking protein shakes before and had a high natural protein intake however at the same time, I was somewhat addicted to energy drinks, drinking sometimes three a day, back to the topic, just wondering if any of you TSRians can help, ideally I want to drop a clothing size and fit it nicely, go to maybe 15 and a half stone, I think any less and it would look odd, I was wondering what a good exercise routine would be, also what do you guys have for food, obviously I need to have what is correct for me, but just for a guideline, I was using Herbalife, a protein source in the morning (yoghurt) and a breakfast Herbalife shake, then come around 11 it was an apple or some sort of fruit, however then at lunch around 1 I had no food planned and would simply go to the shop for a sandwich drink etc, then to the gym, have a protein shake, then around 5-6 I would have a meal( chicken(or other meat), steamed vegetables and various other things, however i between I would snack, but I was never snacking on the right things, anyone know any good snacks? That's what I was thinking, is that to much or too little? And for my exercise plan I have nothing at all, so if you guys could help me make one I would be overly appreciative, again possibly, upper body weights one day, one day lower body and then 3 days a week cardio exercises, I have access to a gym but possibly not five times a week, if you want to know what I can lift etc just let me know; so again this I more for weight loss, around the bum and hip area and stomach mainly, thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you read the new FAQ? It's got the starting info you'll need then you can ask more specific questions if you have them.

Also, all those shakes really aren't necessary or necessarily desirable. You're eating would probably be much more pleasant (and hence sustainable, no point loosing weight to put it all back on) if you ate actual food

Original post by cresta
Intake more and more fiber foods, because it is having ability to eliminate body toxins and unwanted fat from the body.

No they don't

Quick Reply

Latest