The Student Room Group

I'm a horrible person and I think I'm okay with that. Thoughts?

For a long time I've battled with the idea that I was a horrible person. I used to literally pray to God that he would make me less nasty, less bitter, less selfish. I won't go into all of the actions that have made me sure that I'm a bad person. But I think I was definitely that way from a very young age. Now at the age of twenty, I've grown up, got a degree and I think I'm just used to being a pretty nasty piece of work.

I judge people,. I use any ammunition that I can find in order to hurt people if I think I can get away with it... A security guard kicked me out a club once so I told him it doesn't matter because I earn more in a month than he does in a year. I use anything to spite people. I'm ridiculously selfish and hedonistic. I'm horrid to my family and don't think I really love them.

You might read this and think I'm some sort of psychopath. I'm not. I feel guilty about individual actions. I just know that this guilt makes no difference because the next day I'll still have the same dispositions to be just as nasty.

You might also read this and think I'm just a sad, lonely person angry at the world... I don't think that's the case either. I have a good group of small, close friends who respect me, ask me for advice etc. If you knew me you probably wouldn't guess half of this. I'm not nasty because I'm sad. I'm nasty because I'm nasty.

Thing is, I'm growing content with it now. I know I'm a horrid person. Whatever qualities most people have that make them half decent people, I just don't have. I've given up thinking about why that might be. I've given up trying to change that.

If I've grown content with knowing that I'm a pretty $h1tty person, is there really anything wrong with that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you considered becoming a banker?
Original post by A5ko
Have you considered becoming a banker?

Haha no because I'm no good at Maths. But I've done whatever to get me money... used to do live sex shows for old men haha. But I got a graduate scheme lined up and I don't really worry about my qualitiy of life to be honest. That's the thing. As I grow more financially secure, more self sufficient... there just seems to be less and less good reason to care about being immoral.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by andragonous
For a long time I've battled with the idea that I was a horrible person. I used to literally pray to God that he would make me less nasty, less bitter, less selfish. I won't go into all of the actions that have made me sure that I'm a bad person. But I think I was definitely that way from a very young age. Now at the age of twenty, I've grown up, got a degree and I think I'm just used to being a pretty nasty piece of work.

I judge people,. I use any ammunition that I can find in order to hurt people if I think I can get away with it... A security guard kicked me out a club once so I told him it doesn't matter because I earn more in a month than he does in a year. I use anything to spite people. I'm ridiculously selfish and hedonistic. I'm horrid to my family and don't think I really love them.

You might read this and think I'm some sort of psychopath. I'm not. I feel guilty about individual actions. I just know that this guilt makes no difference because the next day I'll still have the same dispositions to be just as nasty.

You might also read this and think I'm just a sad, lonely person angry at the world... I don't think that's the case either. I have a good group of small, close friends who respect me, ask me for advice etc. If you knew me you probably wouldn't guess half of this. I'm not nasty because I'm sad. I'm nasty because I'm nasty.

Thing is, I'm growing content with it now. I know I'm a horrid person. Whatever qualities most people have that make them half decent people, I just don't have. I've given up thinking about why that might be. I've given up trying to change that.

If I've grown content with knowing that I'm a pretty $h1tty person, is there really anything wrong with that?

How have you got friends if your nasty and spiteful? Surely you must exhibit the tiniest bit of kindest to them if they stick with you, so can't you just be like you are with them to everyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Charlotte15
How have you got friends if your nasty and spiteful? Surely you must exhibit the tiniest bit of kindest to them if they stick with you, so can't you just be like you are with them to everyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course I'm kind to them... mutually beneficial. And I like them. Love them even. I just have less and less inclination to actually work on being a good person in general. The fact that I'm kind to my friends doesn't change the fact that I'm pretty despicable.
Of course I'm kind to them... mutually beneficial. And I like them. Love them even. I just have less and less inclination to actually work on being a good person in general. The fact that I'm kind to my friends doesn't change the fact that I'm pretty despicable.

I don't understand what's made you so nasty then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So say you meet someone new, would you be nasty with them or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand what's made you so nasty then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand either. I just have given up caring enough to find the answer. I don't think morality and happiness are related within our society.
So say you meet someone new, would you be nasty with them or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha not unless I had good reason to. I'm not one to pick fights with people for no reason. I sometimes even like making people happy if it makes me feel good or if I think I'll be rewarded for it. But that's not the same as begin a good or compassionate person. With the things I do and say to people, I know I'm not good or compassionate.
I don't understand either. I just have given up caring enough to find the answer. I don't think morality and happiness are related within our society.

Weird, never come across someone like that before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Have you watches/ heard about Horrid Henry? You are just so Horrid like him. Tbh this attitude is not going to get you far in life. Money is not everything you know. Change this attitude for the better and you will be a lot happier in life.
Original post by Green22
Have you watches/ heard about Horrid Henry? He was so Horrid like you. Tbh this attitude is not going to get you far in life. Money is not everything you know.

I didn't say money was everything.

Give me an example of the nasty commend you might make to someone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

*comments

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol was the example I gave not nasty enough?
Lol was the example I gave not nasty enough?

Well yeah but I just can't see how anyone could religiously make nasty comments to your family

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I didn't say money was everything.

Yes, but the fact that you stated " I earn more in a month than what you get in a year" clearly implies this and that you are boastful and arrogant. Being good to people will make you far more happier in life and grant you more friends. With regards to your family i think you should create a bond between them. You are 20 years old and still acting like a 6-8 year old. I mean come on only the immature people will behave like you with the attitude of nastiness. Please grow up to better yourself.

Edit: It is really important to look at our actions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Take a course in meta-ethics and then take a course in normative ethics. Read some sociology and psychology too. You should change, if you don't then I suggest you tell a doctor and allow them to drug you up so you function better in society.
It doesn't make it okay because you acknowledge, if anything it makes you worse. I don't sympathise with you and quite frankly I don't understand why you'd create this thread if you really don't care.
Well yeah but I just can't see how anyone could religiously make nasty comments to your family

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay then you asked for it. My mum once had an affair. I use this fact to taunt my dad and belittle him, even though he's provided a great deal for me and helped fund my university education which has subsequently helped me get job prospects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending